Squad Leader
Create Post

Thread: Squad Leader

Squad Leader

Hey Marines, I'm a Jr. in Highschool and i am planing on joining the corps the summer after my Sr. year. I was wondering how you became a squad leader in the infantry, my current thought on my MOS is 0311. If you have any thoughts or comments i would appriciate them.

Thank you for your time.

Ok...before I completely flip out, you need to go and read the rules of the forums. Fill out a freakin profile. And who do you think you are..."FrontlineMarine???" What have you done to earn the right to call yourself a Marine? You're 16 years old, can't follow simple instructions, and for some reason you want to know how to be a squad leader in the infantry. Why do you think that you could even be a squad leader??? You're not even a Marine and you want to know how you would go about leading hardened Marines into the fight...

Fire at will Marines.

Move your way up. From the automatic, grenadier, or rifleman. Learn and know your job to the best of your abilities. Then learn everyone elses. With Time and experience you will gain more responsibility and more authority. Then maybe you can become fireteam leader. Be the best fireteam leader you can be. Know your squad. Its strengths and weakness. Take the initiative. Take control of your team and do your job , make sure your squad leader doesnt have to do it for you . Once you have proven yourself , you may one day become a squad leader. Only if you have proven yourself and have shown the maturity, integrity , and the decisiveness that a good squad leader possesses. Only then. To be a good leader you have to inspire your Marines and make them want to follow you , not because they are afraid of you but because they respect you and more importantly they trust you with whatever decision you may or may not make.

First finish high school.

Coveys right ... I should have checked your profile and then looked at your name. I should kill you .

This post also needs to be moved out of the Open Squad Bay...You are not a Marine and therefor do not rate to post here in this forum.

Outlaw, you crack me up man...I laughed good at that...

As for Mr. FLM, failure to follow instructions and to LEARN about our website does not bode well for your future, squadleaders are chosen because they stand out and exemplify what it means to be a Marine! Ignorance on your part to post here, with a screen name like that, is not an excuse!

Square yourself away before Outlaw does it for you!

Thread Information