Promotion - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Promotion

Might I take the question on a more serious note and ask how the ranking system in Boot is?
    I heard only the best make LCpl. So is it hard to get PFC, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by JSam
    Might I take the question on a more serious note and ask how the ranking system in Boot is?
    I believe you can PFC out of boot just by getting qualified people to join the Corps. through your recruiter.

Quote Originally Posted by JSam
    Most of the Marines that make LCpl out of boot camp came in as a contract PFC. Probably did some ROTC in high school and such.

As far as coming out as a meritoriously promoted PFC, you just have to stand out from all the rest of the recruits. If you happen to become a squad leader or a guide in boot camp, you'll more than likely get the promotion over the other recruits.

It really comes down to if the DIs like you or not.

JSam, do a search and you will find ALL the answers you will need about graduating LCpl/PFC. We've covered this topic multiple times.

I can't believe a damn 21 year old in this country can actually be THIS stupid!

You are a classic case for needing to get out of the house and do something constructive with your time. Like going back to the 3rd grade!

Quote Originally Posted by BR34
    I can't believe a damn 21 year old in this country can actually be THIS stupid!

You are a classic case for needing to get out of the house and do something constructive with your time. Like going back to the 3rd grade!
    Here's one for you. This is a prior service story, however quite comical.

In Infantry school we were training with the AT4's and using the 9mm sim rounds. We actually had a guy who asked the instructor this question: "If I run out of ammo for the AT4, could I fire 9mm rounds out of it." We got smoked pretty good for that. lol.

That guy could PT like no tomorrow, but he had 2 brain cells and they were afraid of each other.

I really can't believe someone asked this question. All I can think of is "Dear Chili"

Hey, how is SGT. Chilli anyways?

Thread Information