Poolees, this is why you don't do stupid things on the internet....
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Poolees, this is why you don't do stupid things on the internet....

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...023490B2260579

Even when you think you are safe, someone eventually ends up living around where you are from.

I don't know about any of the RSS's out there other then the one I went through, but I know myself and a few other Marines go out and help the Poolees in our area PT. We can make weekly PT really suck....

An extremely disappointing display of Marine leadership. Against a poolee no less.

I would have expected more, but I guess it is MySpace.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hmmm...on the fence, about this...the tattoo, is actually a cover up tattoo of a gang tat that was originally there, got it covered up, so he could join...

Quote Originally Posted by xRaVeNx
    Hmmm...on the fence, about this...the tattoo, is actually a cover up tattoo of a gang tat that was originally there, got it covered up, so he could join...

Yeah, but like someone stated on that myspace group, he could have covered it up with ANYTHING. What if he doesnt make it in the Corps, whats he gonna cover THAT tattoo up with? He'll probably finish 3 weeks of boot camp, get kicked out, but say he was a Marine cuz he has the tattoo on him. LOL! The only thing I got that was Marine Corps related before I joined was a Zippo lighter and a challenge coin from my sisters friends husband who was a Gunny.

I agree with the LT, though....that group had a very sad display of guiding poolees in the right direction.

Its not a gang tat in anyway. It's the area code. A very common tattoo around here.

Although the Marines in the group are jumping in very fast on the name calling train, I still think that they made obvious points about why it would **** a Marine off. I think the reason why it upsets me the most is in knowing that this might be a poolee I work with, and I don't tolerate disrespecting a Marine at all... even if they aren't being the nicest person ever. Especially not if you've gone and done something as stupid as getting a giant USMC forearm tattoo...

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by kbs95125
    Its not a gang tat in anyway. It's the area code. A very common tattoo around here.
    Most gangs represent their area code

Area codes

It is a common practice for Californian street gangs of all races and ethnic backgrounds to have the telephone area code of their neighborhood tattooed (e.g. 213, 818, 310). This practice is also common place in New Mexico where many gang members display the state's original area code (505). With the frequent changes in California area codes, this can quickly become outdated.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_tattoo

Ah I wish I could be there to witness the D.I.s reaction to this tat. Had a girl that I went to boot with who had a USMC tat before she earned the title and they mad her life real fun just because of it.

That group appears to wannna see him stretched out cold on the concrete before he hits the yellow footprints, if he ever does. And he's the only one who will pay for it, it's no skin off you all's hide and you damn sure can't be responsible for his actions. Whats all the posturing about???

--->Dave

Quote Originally Posted by xRaVeNx
    Most gangs represent their area code

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_tattoo
    I live in San Jose. I can safely tell you its a common tattoo here and not commonly gang related here.

Besides, I've seen plenty of people get in with area code tattoos. I've seen guys get in with 420 tattoos.

Gents, here's the deal:

Like it or lump it, poolees, anti-war activists, tree-huggers, and soccer moms can all get a USMC tattoo.

It's not disrespect. It's a tattoo. It doesn't denigrate your service at all for its existence. If you feel it does, your sense of importance is FAR overblown.

Earning the title "Marine" is a personal achievement. It always has been and it always will be. The process to earn that title will always be the successful completion of recruit training. That is where you should draw pride from. YOU may choose to show your pride with a tattoo. That is a personal choice. The significance is yours alone though. Do not mistake that.

People get tattoos for a good many reasons. To each of them, the significance is personal. It's not your right to choose the meaning.

Grow up and act like a responsible adult, much less Marines. If something as simple as a tattoo on a poolee threatens you as a Marine, you missed a few vital lessons in recruit training.

I'm gonna have to semi agree with the First Lt.

I think he should've thought about the tat more, but the way the Marines jumped on him, saying he would fail just because of TATOOS?

I think they have seniority, but damn...the kid did it for a very good reason. His story is legit. I understand where your coming from with the "disgracing my usmc" thing though. I would feel the same, but the reaction on myspace...bleh.

How can he even join with a tattoo there?

At the same time sir, he should carry himself as such.

It's not really so much the tattoo that is a problem with me but rather the attitude. That and the fact that he is already going around claiming to be a Marine when he has not come close to earning the title. He now has something on his body that represents those of us who have earned it.

To me, it takes away the real signifigance of what it means to earn the title, if as a Marine I don't say anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyborg
    saying he would fail just because of TATOOS?
    Making the right choices (and smart ones) makes for a better Marine. If he can't even think something as simple as a forearm tattoo through, what other mistakes can he make? What about when it comes down to a life or death situation?

Thread Information