Wives Looking to Be A Dependent.
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Wives Looking to Be A Dependent.

So, when you guys saw you fellow Marines getting married, and getting married yourself, did you ever run in to females, that were looking just to be dependents, and knowing you getting that guaranteed paycheck?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrines14
    So, when you guys saw you fellow Marines getting married, and getting married yourself, did you ever run in to females, that were looking just to be dependents, and knowing you getting that guaranteed paycheck?
    Yes, all of the time. Especially overseas when they want to get back to the Land of the Big PX.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I met only one, and she was up front about it. She was in a custody battle and asked if I would marry her to make her case stronger.

I said, "No."

Yes I have seen it , and Yes I have seen Marines get married for the BAH. I dont recommend it.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yea, just thought of it from personally seeing from the females side....

And, this Army guy, that I knew from a friend, was looking for someone to marry, right before he left for Iraq in a few weeks, and was willing to give 'whatever female' extra cash to do it...

Not sure if he ever found anyone..

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    Yes, all of the time. Especially overseas when they want to get back to the Land of the Big PX.
    Were these some of those LBFM's in the Philipines? Yep, been asked to take them and Koreans and an Australian girl from Darby!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    ...there once was a Lady from Darby! Sounds like the start of a good Limmerick.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim
    Were these some of those LBFM's in the Philipines? Yep, been asked to take them and Koreans and an Australian girl from Darby!
    Actually, most of the ones I knew were Vietnamese or Japanese/Okinawan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    Actually, most of the ones I knew were Vietnamese or Japanese/Okinawan.

Hmmm...I was stationed over there on Okinawa for 38 months and spent a total amount of 16 months on island at Schwab and Hansen and Foster and no Okinawan national ever asked me to take her back to the states....maybe I was doin it wrong...? Hmm...after all this time to find THAT out!! LOL!! Ever make it to Team Spirit or Bearhunt in Korea? THOSE girls BEGGED to be taken to the the big PX! They knew where we were going BEFORE we did! I had this one 'regular' girl who followed me from Pohang to Pusan to Inchon to liberty at Seoul and a few other places! I just asked her where she thought I was going next and she'd know! Great OPSEC, huh? I almost married her....!!! Gawd what a thought!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrines14
    Stupidest idea ever.

If you want extra money, get a friggin extra job on the side. A friend of mine (0352, mind you, still Active Duty) got a civilian job on the side out in Jacksonville, NC.

Dont do something like get married for a little bit of extra cash. Its not worth it.

Thread Information