Struggling with life after the Corps - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I felt the same way - you're not alone. Even after 20 years of being a slimey civilian, I STILL have to remind myself every now and then that I'm not in the Corps and I can't yell "HOP TO IT!" to all of these politically correct a$$holes in the office without causing somebody to seek therapy.

Credits
    Savings
    I was more afraid of getting OUT then I was of going to PI.
    I hear ya 84. Sometimes I catch my sefl muttering about damn civilians.

As a Marine you know in your heart you are strong I have been out for 31 years in June do it now if you want to go back in you are a survivor Bro don't wait years down the road when you yourself can make the difference we are on your side Marine, Semper FI.

Gonzo-----I got out 39 years ago and always regretted my choice. I was only 20 when I got out. Still a kid. I would go back in a minute if I could!

WELCOME BACK UNITED STATES MARINE !

I'll be hitting my 10 year mark of disembarking from active duty...and like the others have mentioned it's been 10 years of "Why the heck did I get out?!"

You'll be alright CplGonzo, you're in good company...there would be something wrong if you felt otherwise.

Looks like you're on the right track education wise. Start running and get back in shape, you will feel better, mentally and physically.

Semper Fidelis!

Thread Information