Any advice?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any advice?

Unhappy Any advice?

Getting deployed to iraq in 3 weeks.....Scared ****less...ne one else feel like this?

Quote Originally Posted by MarineGogetter
    Getting deployed to iraq in 3 weeks.....Scared ****less...ne one else feel like this?

Yeah. If you werent scared, there would be something wrong with you. But fear is healthy, it keeps you alert. Just dont let it consume you. Do what you're trained to do.

lol..Your feeling is normal Marine. Every Marine here who has ever deployed wether it be to a combat or noncombat environment has felt that. Just trust in your leaders and make sure you apply and trust in your training. You will be fine. Semper Fi and good luck Marine.

Deployment Advice from a RVN Marine corp Veteran.

THE SIX ARTICLES OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT

[1]. I am an American, Fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

[2]. I will never surrender of my own free will. if in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

[3]. If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

[4]. If I become a prisoner of war,I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners.I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful others of those appointed over me, and will back them up in every way.

[5] When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give only name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering futher question to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal
    to my Country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

[6]. I will never forget that I am an American, Fighting for
    Freedom, reponsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my Country Free. I will trust in my God and the Marine Corps and the United States of America.

By:Sgthermogenesm

Blinded Marine Veteran.

Thank you for your service to our Country Semper Fi Marine.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I never saw any action (in the Corps) and didn't until I deployed with my AF unit to BIAP in Dec of 2003. Flying into that area was hectic and the combat landing into the airport was probably the scariest part of the trip. One guy barfed about 5 times. Thank goodness for large landscape style trash bags! Getting shot at was interesting and I never really worried about it until afterwards when you realized how close you were to getting killed. Yeah the thinking about it afterwards was when I seemed the most concerned about it. We had rocket, SA, RPG, and mortar fire around the airfield every night. Convoy duty was probably the most dangerous thing we did and it was the drivers around the area that were the biggest threat because we were always driving balls to the wall from BIAP and into the Green Zone. We barely missed a head on collision one day as some of the Iraqis decided to drive on our side of the highway the wrong direction as we were overtaking a slower vehicle. It was a 3 vehicle convoy of civilian type vehicles all doing at least 95-100 mph. As we swung around into the passing lane another vehicle going the wrong direction was in a small breakdown lane and straddling into the lane we were in. It was by "inches" that we went between the vehicle we were passing and the vehicle that was headed the wrong direction. That was the most scared I had been because we were lead vehicle and the two others following would have just sprayed us all over the road once we would have hit the others as we were all going so fast and keeping a small interval.

We forward deployed to Balad AB after Saddam was captured and pretty much the base lived up to its name of "Mortaritaville" every night and even sometimes during the day. We had a rocket hit within 100 feet of my workspace once and that was a daytime shot. Gravel and dirt from the field it landed in sprayed over the roof of the building. Had someone been right where it landed they'd have been dead because it happened so quickly. We heard a buzz and then an explosion followed by the debris hitting the roof.

You'll be OK. Keep your head down and on a swivel.

Always remember to bob and weave. On a serious note, do not get complacent. Every marine feels this way, whether they show it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash2053
    Always remember to bob and weave. On a serious note, do not get complacent. Every marine feels this way, whether they show it or not.
    This picture was taken while I was in Husaybah Iraq in 2005. This is the main exit outside the wire:

Credits
    Savings
    Remember you are deploying with the finest Warriors the good Lord has ever put on this earth. Use your fear to keep you sharp, trust in the other Marines around you, keep in contact with home and your loved ones, and remember that we are proud of you and are praying for all of your safe return. Semper Fi and thank you defending me and my family.

Deployment Advice from a RVN Veteran.

By:Sgthermogenesm

GAS'''''''GAS'''''''''1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.At what # did you drass your GAS-MASK.

This is a Test of THE MARINE COMBAT READY UNITS.

Environmental Contaminants???????.Gulf War Veterans were exposed to a wide variety of environmental hazards and potential harmful substances during their service in Southwest Asia. These include depleted uranium, Pesticides, The anti-nerve Gas pill pyridostigmine bromide, infectious diseases,chemical and biological warfare agents, and vaccinations [including Anthrax and botulinum toxoid] and oil well free smoke and petroleum products.

VA recognizes that there are other health risk factors encountered by Gulf War Veterans, Veterans with service during the Gulf War are entitled to received treatment for conditions from this service.

If the treatment provided during the encounter is for an illness or symptom that may possibly be associated with environmental contamination this should be indicated on the encounter report or medication order.

Conditions Associated with Environment Contaminants.
    [1]. Persistent Fatigue
    [2]. Skin Rash
    [3]. Headache
    [4]. Arthralgias Myalgias
    [5]. Sleep Disturbance
    [6]. Forgetfuless
    [7]. Joint pain
    [8]. Shortness of breath/chest pain
    [9]. Feverishness
    [10].Amyotrophic lateral Sclerosis.

Sgthermogensm
    Blinded Marine Veteran.

SIMPER-FI Good luck Gods speed.
    click on Sgthermogenes/pic
    mos 0300's check out 0351 ontos tank killer RVN 1969.

Marinegogetter,

Listen to your salty lance corporals and your NCOs, not the gutter talk. Learn what you can from them and take the best they have to offer.

You are scared and that is normal. Don't let it overwhelm you, let it motivate you to learn and become proficient. Semper Fi, Marine and God Bless.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hold on a minute - nobody noticed this is a female and went to San Diego for bootcamp? Is this just a typo in your profile there gogetter?

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Hold on a minute - nobody noticed this is a female and went to San Diego for bootcamp? Is this just a typo in your profile there gogetter?
    Also listed is a rank of E-4???? What the f*ck is going on here???

Sounds to me like someone is faking things big time here.

Good catch Marine84...

You know I really didn't get scared until one day we were bringing on supply's to the ship being lazy lance criminals me and my buddy Hernandez were catching some rays out in the Gulf of Oman we were watching the navy guys running all over the place hustling all these supply's on board. Two birds approach and have these huge wooden boxes hanging from them one of the boxes slips and it hits the deck and breaks open. All these black bags go all over the place. I realize oh **** those are body bags and we don't usually bag up the bad guys so guess what they must be for us. That was the day I realized this is for real and the day I got scared. If your not scared you need to seek professional help. So it is normal and you will be okay just like others have said do what your told listen to those that have been there for awhile.

God Bless & Semper Fi

Well that was a waste of time frig'n poser.....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Now Kim, every once in a while I see this happen, A female that went thru MCRDSD (according to thier profile) even the wrong rank avatar is on thier profile, it happens. This could very well be a typo, but maybe not, who knows?

Semper maybe,

Dave

Thread Information