"Dress Blue's" now standard issue ..... - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Yeah, I like the flat-mount ribbons...they just look "better" to me, and I wore them so much as a CarPlan, I kinda got used to their look.

I talked to MarCentCom about the process, they said it doesn't take too long once they receive it. I guess there's a "board" and the members vote on the award in question.

The MSgt I spoke to said that since it's being submitted by a LtCol, then recommended approved by the 26th MEU and that I meet the criteria set forth in the MarAdmin's, it's almost rubber stamped "approved and awarded".

I hope it's done quickly as I have a hearing at the VARO in Roanoke on 21 October and I can submit that as evidence to them, and the new rules and guidelines for PTSD compensation mentioned by Secretary Shinseki recently.

I graduated in Dec '05.

We weren't supposed to get Blue Trousers as the MC just cut a policy to save money by not issuing them.

We got them anyways because we were the 2nd to last company to graduate before the big ol' holiday break and most of us would probably gobble up that 21 days of PTAD with the recruiters.

We were given a chance to buy blues coats if we wanted them, I decided if I was issued the pants then why not.

I heard they changed up the policy and are re-issuing blue trousers again, never heard about issuing coats though.

Wow, didn't know they stopped issuing the Blues Trousers.

My nephew, who just graduated from boot camp yesterday, Aug 28th, was issued the complete dress blue uniform, as well as everyone else.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by onux16 View Post
    I think I quickly glanced somewhere this evening that current active duty Marines who went through boot camp without being issued a pair will eventually be issued them by Oct 2011. Don't quote me on this, though
    We weren't issued them, we were just allotted a little extra on the clothing allowances to buy them. I think that Oct/11 date you're thinking of is the mand. possession date. I had to buy mine before my first Ball in '05...

yeah, but you aren't required to be inspected in them until that mandatory date either... but the boots who were issued them are/can

Credits
    Savings
    Exactly....

I went through Boot Camp in 87, and only the honormen got Blues. I seem to recall that in the 91/92 time frame the Blues were getting issued in boot camp and we got an extra uniform allowance to let us purchase Blues, but I never did.

In 91-93 time frame everyone graduated in dress blues at MCRD SD. Then they stopped that for a few years and brought it back for a year or so and stopped again and now they issue blues to all graduates today.

Thread Information