Looking to become a USMC sniper.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Looking to become a USMC sniper.

I am only 12 years old, but I have my mind made up that I want to be a Marine. I would like to become a USMC sniper as well. What do I have to do to become one? All I know is that I have to be infantry, so 03XX, high first class PFT, shoot expert in boot camp, and have at least a second class swim qual. Am I missing anything? Also, tips and help from former/active USMC snipers are appreciated. I am currently in the process of making my own ghillie suit(minus the Viper hood, those are soo expensive!) from the complete ghillie kit off tacticalconcealment.com, as I have heard many Marines buy supplies from there.

Semper Fi,
    Rambo Kid

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59447

You need to learn the rules of the site, young pup. I won't jump on you too hard since I have rifles that are older than you.

There is no advice we can give you now that will be specific to snipers. Do your best in school and work out. You need to be an excellent Marine first, then worry about trying out for the elite.

Lastly, Rambo was in the army and Semper Fi is reserved for just us Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59447

You need to learn the rules of the site, young pup. I won't jump on you too hard since I have rifles that are older than you.

There is no advice we can give you now that will be specific to snipers. Do your best in school and work out. You need to be an excellent Marine first, then worry about trying out for the elite.

Lastly, Rambo was in the army and Semper Fi is reserved for just us Marines.
    Where can I request a name change?

LOL..don't worry about changing your name. I was just teasing about Rambo. Keep it because the Kid part is accurate. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2
    LOL..don't worry about changing your name. I was just teasing about Rambo. Keep it because the Kid part is accurate. ; )
    Alright. How was I breaking the rules with my post?

Rambo, I am sure if you would have done a proper search that somewhere on this forum that someone else posted something similar. Anyway, here's what I can tell you, if you want to be a Marine that is fine but do as much as you can from now up until that point to be as successful as you can be. Then when the time is right, enlist, go to bootcamp, earn the title and see what BEING a Marine is all about before really worrying about being a sniper.

Quote Originally Posted by jaythestar
    Rambo, I am sure if you would have done a proper search that somewhere on this forum that someone else posted something similar. Anyway, here's what I can tell you, if you want to be a Marine that is fine but do as much as you can from now up until that point to be as successful as you can be. Then when the time is right, enlist, go to bootcamp, earn the title and see what BEING a Marine is all about before really worrying about being a sniper.
    You got that right alot can change for this young man.

Damn, here we go again!

Maurice

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HERE WE GO AGAIN
    SAME OLD CRAP AGAIN
    MARCHING DOWN THE AVENUE
    6 MORE YEARS AND I'LL JOIN UP
    I'LL BE GLAD AND SO WILL YOU!

Beings as how Rambo is only 12, I thought it fitting! LMAO

Dave

Dang

Your only 12 kid, its good that your doing research but a lot can change in the years to come. I thought I was going to stay in the Corps forever but that all changed after going to Iraq. So keep motivated and worry about becomming a Marine first. I can't tell you how to be a sniper as I was not one just plain ol' 0311. Just keep focused on school (do well) join up, go to boot and earn the title Marine than work on becomming a Sniper, it won't be easy but none said becomming a Marine is and becomming Elite will be even harder. KILL!

I find it amazing that this kid is only 12 years old and appears to have a better understanding of how to type sentences then a large portion of the poolees here...hmmm I think the rest of the poolees here should think about following this example.

Rambo you certainly remind me of me at that tender age, all I ever wanted to be was a Marine, a real recruiters dream, no sales pitch just sign me up. however I did very little research. I was lucky I got a good MOS. I went in open contract, just to get in sooner. be sure to look ever thing over, and trust me it is nothing like the movies. I too thought the 0300 field was the way to go. until I got educated. I know its hard but well worth it in the end. research, research, research. ..

Sorry everyone if I've been giving you the "same old crap", as you can tell I'm new around here... For now I guess Im going to do the best I can in school and Atheletics, then worry about becoming a Marine. @ Covey, I find proper grammer necessary :P

You should grow pubes first. Then you can be a grunt. Dont lose your motivation. Kill humans.

This is a motivating thread right here. And it didn't make my head want to explode. I like you kid.

Thread Information