Question for The Devil Docs
Create Post

Question for The Devil Docs

I have a young friend that just completed Navy Boot Camp. He will go to MOS school shortly - - he's gonna be a Corpsman. His dad told me he has volunteered to be a Marine Corpsman and will report to Camp Pendelton after MOS school.

My question is - - how does this work? Did he in fact "volunteer" or was he "voluntold"? He is a very sharp young man and has approx 2 years college. Was studying to be a history teacher and coach. Hell of a baseball and football player.

Thanks in advance, Docs!!

Semper Fi,
    Ed

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Change is Good!

Sarge...Please make SURE, that this young man has the right info, reguarding the responsibilities of a Navy Corpsman. If he makes it through A School, he'll be sent to the F.M.F., you know what that means! I have NO complaints, about my duty with the Marines, but...we're at war, with some really bad people, and this young man needs to BE AWARE!! I wouldn't trade my experience with the Marine Corps, for ANYTHING! PLEASE make sure, he understands the WHOLE picture! Best of luck to him, on his journey. ALWAYS FAITHFUL....Doc Greek

First of all as you know the needs of the Navy comes first but most of these new kids are getting FMF in their contracts now. It used to be just before you finished and graduated Corps school you would fill out a "dream sheet" and then the Navy would place you were they need Corpsman. Once graduating your orders will be cut and you will be sent to "FTMB" Field Training Medical Battlion formaly known as FMSS Field Medical Service School and then sent to the Marine Unit that is on your orders. By the way in the Navy the MOS is a NEC and his designation will be a quad 0 or 0000 or a basic Corpsman, once he completes FTMB he will be designated 8404 or combat Corpsman, then if he get a C-School he will pick up that designation. Any other question let me know or you can go to Corpsman.com and there is plenty of knowlege there.

Doc Mullins

Doc Greek and Doc Mullins, thank you both for your comebacks. At this time all the info I have on my "little bud", I am getting thru his dad. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to speak with him when he is here on leave.

I've attempted to help his dad know what a Corpsman does and what they mean to Marines. I'm not sure he understands, because he was never associated with anything military. I tried to explain that his son will hump with us, sleep with us and fight with us and THEN fix our "shiete" when we get "broken". I also expressed my own feelings toward Corpsmen - -f**k with our doc and you're gonna get f**ked by all of us.

Thanks again!!

Semper Fi,
    Ed

Thread Information