My experience with Parris Island D.I.s - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OB MSG
    Here's a little story for you Poolees that you may find funny, I know I did. In 1998 when I DEP'd in we had one of your weekly Pool Meetings. Well as this thread is titled so did we experience. Our recruiters had brought in a female DI to "talk" to us. We all showed up, talked a bit then they took us out back and put us in formation. All of a sudden the back door of the office flies open and this woman of about five feet, five inches and in PT gear, starts ripping us a new one. I had been at a meeting before this and still had the smell of after shave on me when she stormed past, stopped, sniffed me out and went up one side and down the other of me. I apparently wanted to smell pretty for her! Did I want to date her?! No? Did I think she was ugly?! Did I think I was a Pimp?! You get the picture. No answer was good enough, she tore me up for a few minutes then moved on. Then she had us down doing push-ups then flipped us to leg-lilfts.

While we were doing them she was walking through the ranks. This is where it got interesting. Our visiting DI, Drill Instructor Sgt Shock, (I am not kidding), had a tattoo on her. This bit of ink ran from her right butt cheek part-way down the back of her right thigh, about 3 inched out of her PT shorts. (She was wearing the short nylon/silk running shorts.) The Poolee next to me saw this and decided to crane his neck around to get a better view, not that it was a bad view, she was/is an attractive woman. As you can guess he got caught and summarily "killed" right on the spot. I thought the recruiters were going to p!$$ themselves laughing. We all laughed later after she left, but it was an interesting time there for about thirty minutes!

Good times!!
    HELL YEAH! that's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by OB MSG
    Patriot: Good Question.

Steel: Please clarify. Note that if you give bogus answers, the salvo of incomings will be fierce!
    Tracers every fourth in the mag!

Quote Originally Posted by crazymjb
    We have ours coming up in a little over two weeks. I am just now finishing up Stew Smith's pushup program to help prepare.

I think we are only going to have one DI there, and a few other recruiting stations mixing up with ours.

Mike
    Hey, is that the Poolee Function that is tomorrow in Springfield, I think? If it is, I'll be there.

here's another one to add to your list, you'll never be able to say "aye sir" properly in 1st phase. trust me, dont think about it just say it. all of first phase "aye sir" "no say AYE SIR!" meanwhile in my head im thinking "is he freaking deaf or crazy? i just said it"

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyBowman
    Hey, is that the Poolee Function that is tomorrow in Springfield, I think? If it is, I'll be there.
    Yes, it is in springfield and if you did come with us than I was there too. SSGT Tilley is my recruiters. So therefore I KNOW YOU...maybe, lol. Nice to see a Poolee from my own pool.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissStretch
    Yes, it is in springfield and if you did come with us than I was there too. SSGT Tilley is my recruiters. So therefore I KNOW YOU...maybe, lol. Nice to see a Poolee from my own pool.
    Yep I was there.. it was pretty good but we should have won..haha oh and SSGT Daveron is my recruiter

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yep I was there.. it was pretty good but we should have won..haha oh and SSGT Daveron is my recruiter
    Yea we should have but like SSGT Dold said. We do functions every month and they pretty much train all year for this one meet. So it's all good. SSGT Davorens is something else. He's an awesome recruiter......but then again they all are.

No, ours is next Saturday. I believe we are holding it at Hanscom AFB.

Mike

Yea we should have but like SSGT Dold said. We do functions every month and they pretty much train all year for this one meet. So it's all good. SSGT Davorens is something else. He's an awesome recruiter......but then again they all are.
    Yeah thats true..and yeah they all are awesome...SSGT. Daveron and SSGT Tilley have to be the two funniest people I've met. haha But all of them are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    here's another one to add to your list, you'll never be able to say "aye sir" properly in 1st phase. trust me, dont think about it just say it. all of first phase "aye sir" "no say AYE SIR!" meanwhile in my head im thinking "is he freaking deaf or crazy? i just said it"
    Yeah thats what one of them did to me when we were with the DI's he said "no say Aye Sir" like three times then said " say it louder" about another 4 times...I wasn't one of the people that got it bad though.. haha I think they always chose one person to stay after everyone left for about another minute making them do pushups and situps and just keep going while getting yelled at by 2 DI's. I think it was a good experience and can't wait for the real thing.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah thats true..and yeah they all are awesome...SSGT. Daveron and SSGT Tilley have to be the two funniest people I've met. haha But all of them are cool.
    Most Definetely. I just want to PT again on WED. Cant Wait

Our RSS and some other RSS's are having a family day on the 26th of this month. Could this be what I have to look forward to?

My Family Night is this coming Friday. I can't wait to see what the Parris Island DI's have in store.

Most Definetely. I just want to PT again on WED. Cant Wait
    Yeah We have our PT workouts on Mondays. So I can't wait for tomorrow haha.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah We have our PT workouts on Mondays. So I can't wait for tomorrow haha.
    hahaha, yea

Thread Information