Gilo
Create Post

Thread: Gilo

Gilo

Cpl. Carlos E. Gilorozco was killed on 09/10/07 from a pressure plate IED. Though I had been out of the Marines for 8 months this man was my brother. We fought side by side in an ambush in 2005 that lasted 6 hours and we all made it out unharmed. What I remember most about that dec day was not the fact that I was almost killed by a sniper 50 times over or being pinned down in an alley with insurgents on the high ground on both sides but it was when me and Gilo talked the night before being naive and wishing we would get into a major fire fight. We talked about it till the wee hours of the morning and than it happened. When I heard of his death i couldn't believe it. To me he was indestructible and un-killable, the picture perfect Marine from a rough background who wanted to better his life and joined the Corps to straighten out his ways for his kid. At 23 years old Gilo is survived by his wife a 5 year old son and a 3 month old son he never met. Semper Fidelis Gilo I will see you someday.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    RIP Marine!

R.I.P.

May the Lord welcome you with open arms, prayers are outbound for his family.

Semper Fi Marine . Im sorry you lost such a good friend EG. Semper Fi.

R.I.P. Marine...you have earned the honor you sought in life...

My you be on guard duty at the gate whin I get there R.I.P.

looking at pictures of my lost brother tonight I am just so lost. I have never felt so bad in my entire life, it should have been me instead of him. I would have taken the blast in a heartbeat. It ****es me off. I'm just lost! I don't know what to think. I can't find the bravery to visit his grave i'm just destroyed!

Are you still active egbutler1 if so go see you're Chaplin. He may be able to help you get through this.

Naw I got out 2 years ago, He Gilo died after i got out he was one of the Marines I brought up from PFC to Cpl during my stent in the Corps. Great freaking Marine. It's just hard to think about it.

Credits
    Savings
    It's okay to grieve for him, my Brother. Just remember that he died doing something that he believed in. I'm sure that he would want you to continue on with whatever your life brings you. Find peace in knowing that your Brother In Arms is now watching over you, and will ALWAYS have your back. Rest In Peace, Cpl. Carlos E. Gilorozco.

Well said Marine

Let it out man, there was a group of us from different squads that always hung out when we could (you know go grab a bite to eat etc.) After that first tour, back stateside I broke down our first night out together when there was that empty chair at the table. It hurts, but break down and let it out, cry dude, no shame, it helps.

Thread Information