Extra Dogtags?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra Dogtags?

Extra Dogtags?

Soem girl in my school has a brother in the Marines, a few days ago i saw the chain around her neck and asked who's dogtags they were and she said they belonged to her brother. I asked her where he was and i believe she said "somewhere in North Carolina". Now i havent been to boot yet and dont know any rules regarding dogtags and whatnot but how did she recieve a copy of his dogtags? I assumed that maybe he said he lost his or something but i always thought they would would give you 1 pair to avoid anyone stealing them and using them for no good. So do you actually recieve 2 pairs or did he pull something?

You can buy as many as you want. Most guys I have talked to had a few extra pairs made at the PX on the island after graduation.

I share your concers, as do many others, especially since they now have a SSN instead of a "service number" printed on them.

Mike

I don't think they put SSN's on them anymore. I could be wrong, but I think I heard that somewhere recently. Too much ID theft going on.

Got my SSN on mine. ****, dogtags can be orderd online for like 2 dollars a set. It's not exactly a set a dress blues.

**** two dollars, admin has a machine to make them. I have one in every pair of boots on gear around my neck etc etc.

We were issued 2 sets and they did have the social security no. on them.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Mine has SSN

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Mine has SSN
    Mine has 1597xxx. (x's cause I don't want any ID stolen. ROTFLMAO)

You could always use Life Lock!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1
    You could always use Life Lock!
    Brandon, I give up! What is Life Lock? Is it something like "lip lock"?

It's identity theft insurance.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by crazymjb
    It's identity theft insurance.

Mike
    You folks are being serious and helpful and I'm being a horses butt trying to be funny. Just like to throw out my "old serial number" just for the heck of it. Maybe I shouldn't, cause there are bunches of Marines in here that have lower serial numbers than me.

Yes dog tags still have SSN. What I don't get is those ones who give them away to their girlfriends. You can have as many as you want. There's the black ones too, they look pretty cool, you can have them for 5 bucks.

I just ordered some online and they were 7$ a pair I think.

Yeah you can buy them online for like 3 bucks or something because I bought a pair that has my name on them.

Thread Information