Now this is the old corps - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In Boot and my first tour in Beirut we had the C-Rats and the crackers and PB also included Jelly, I remember buying pita bread from the HEY JOE stand at the main gate and giving the crackers away to the neighborhood Lebanese kids as well as the chocolate patty. Man, a little tabasco sauce, salt and pepper and a whole lot of imagination made for a great meal. My all time favorite was the stew beef, and the beans and franks. Hated the meat patties. We were forced into MRE's on my second tour there, hated them with a passion, the fruit cocktail that looked like a sponge when you added water and tasted like it too. They later came out with K-Rats, big trays of precooked food that the mess tent would heat up and serve.

Yes even the crackers and peanut butter were in tin cans and came with a little can opener .the last I had C-rats was in OKI in 82. When i came state side they fazed them out for the first MRE's. They always gave me heart burn.

Yes even the crackers and peanut butter were in tin cans and came with a little can opener .the last I had C-rats was in OKI in 82. When i came state side they fazed them out for the first MRE's. They always gave me heart burn.http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh29/zanth_photo/Picture003.jpg

I still carry my John Wayne on my dog tags, never know when you might have to cut your way out of the can.

Thread Information