Bootcamp?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bootcamp?

Bootcamp?

Okay so I am a poolee and leave for bootcamp April 21. I am also new to this site and would like to say hello to everyone. My only concern at bootcamp is the penicillin shot. Yes im a pussy when it comes to needles especially when they go in my butt. Do they hurt as bad as people say they do or do they just feel like a normal shot in the arm except in the butt.

Well better me then get yelled at by a real Marine here.

Fillout your profile!!!

Question-Profile= No Answer and Extreme Harassment

Good luck to you!

Holy S*** you have to take a penn shot?
    I am allergic to that crap.
    Is it madatory?

Quote Originally Posted by JAG1990tn
    Holy S*** you have to take a penn shot?
    I am allergic to that crap.
    Is it madatory?
    Your lucky your allergic.

No you don't have to take a penicillin shot. Unless you get sick that is. Why would a medical professional make your body take something it doesn't need? That will in-turn build up immunities to make that medication not work as well for you? If your sick you MAY get it. If your allergic you obviously will get something else for being sick.

We all had to get the penn shot and yes it hurt like hell, but not half as bad as the anthrax shot.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You get a Gamma Globulin shot in your azz cheek to hopefully rid or protect against such diseases as Hepatitis's. At least this was the norm in 1973.

I am allergic to PCN and didn't know it when I went in and swelled up and got a rash.Now I can't take any antibiotics that end in cillin. They gave me another shot of something to counteract it and a RED allergy dog tag and sent me back to training.

They give you these shots in case your plumbing is dripping from you pre boot camp pleasures....although PCN has been over used in the past and not as an effective antibiotic anymore.But its the cheapest...so the Navy still probally uses it.

If you are allergic to ANYTHING ..... except HARD WORK and know it tell them at your MEPS physical so it be documented.

I went to bootcamp Jan of 07 and we didn't get the "peanutbutter shot". There's a substitute that they give you for it now, it's a powder that you mix with water, and they watch you drink. And it tastes like powdered ****. But no ass shots.

Alright thanks for the info.I thought it maight have been mandatory and that it may alter my or diminish my Corps. dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1234
    Okay so I am a poolee and leave for bootcamp April 21. I am also new to this site and would like to say hello to everyone. My only concern at bootcamp is the penicillin shot. Yes im a pussy when it comes to needles especially when they go in my butt. Do they hurt as bad as people say they do or do they just feel like a normal shot in the arm except in the butt.
    I love shots, No Pain No Gain.

When you get to boot you get a plethora of shots! You'll get the "peanut butter ass shot" aka penicillin 3 times at boot and once at MCT. In first phase alone I think we got 6 shots in one day. There is one they give you in your upper arm that will turn to jell-o in about an hour. It stays there and oozes its way towards your arm pit, and MAN does that one SUCK. I couldn't put my arm over my head with out wincing for a week. I remember I couldnt even sleep for like 3 days! I had the peanut butter shot in my left ass cheek and the jell-o shot in my right shoulder! No matter which way I moved there was pain.

And people *****ed about the foul taste of the "Z-Packs"... I'll take the penicillin Kool-aide over the ass shot any day! Yes, I frikkin hate needles! lol

Isn't it weird how we relate these things to food???

So what if i was to say i was allergic/

Credits
    Savings
    The Marine Crops is not going to give you a shot of somethng you are allergic too. Let everyone know up front, BEFORE boot.

Lead poisoning should be your major concern.

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165
    The Marine Crops is not going to give you a shot of somethng you are allergic too. Let everyone know up front, BEFORE boot.

Lead poisoning should be your major concern.
    Lead poisoning?
    How does this come into play?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I dont care about needles and even if i did who cares if its what I have to do to be a Marine...but I'm confused do we get a shot or not? Some said yes some said no?

Thread Information