Vets
Create Post

Thread: Vets

Post Vets

I was told that if you are in the service, you can claim yourself as independent and recive a lot of financial aid. Does anyone know anything about this? Also at MEPS they told us that since we were enlisting during war time we are considered veterans. When do you become eligible to be called at veteran after bootcamp or when you hit the fleet?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I always thought gettin into a war zone made you a Vet,,,, But what do I know. The Times They Are A Changing,,,,,,,,

websters dictionary definition
    veteran n. 1. one with a long record of service in a particular activity or capacity. 2. one who has served in the armed forces.

You are considered a veteran once you've finished your active service. Those serving right now will be considered veterans who have served during a time of war. These are a special kind of veteran and have earned the National Defense Medal.

We also distinguish between Combat Veterans, those that have earned the CAR.

You could claim yourself as an independent at any time your parents do not claim you as a dependent. It has nothing to do with the service.

You will be eligible for several forms of college financial aid once you've served.

Thread Information