Popular MOSs - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Popular MOSs

Quote Originally Posted by Finger
    There are two kinds of Marines. Force Recon Marines and those who wish they were.

Just joking Devildogs

S/F
    Finger
    umm sorry 1st Sgt, but no.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422
    Unless you're too sexy for admin, like me. Then, you go into the MOS where the real beauties go....Bulk Fuel.
    Amen to that ........

According to my recruiter the most popular MOS is infantry. He said infantry is so backed up right now when i told him i wanted to do infantry he was like oh man i dont know if your going to get that. Thank god i got it because i didnt enlist in the marines so i could be in admin or legal services which is the only part of the asvab i scored well at.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    When I went up to MEPS to get my packet worked out, I wanted to go open contract because I wanted to do so many things but the Marine at MEPS ended up talking me into a UZ because I was interested in it, qualified with the 105 GT, and am a swimmer, so I figured, if I can get the PROMISE to even try out, I'll take it. So that's what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477
    You will never see them do that they think they are recon or sniper material and haven't earned the title and they all think they are guaranteed their MOS if it's anything like we went through there will be many sad people, We never did promise anybody a Rose Garden,Semper FI.
    Well, sir, I for one don't want to be recon, even though I'm going infantry. I understand that it's a very grueling process and if I wanted to go Recon, I'd have a very tough time going through it.

That being said, I do want to be airborne and possibly SCUBA/UBA qualified just so I can be more flexible with what my beloved country wants me to do, and I also understand that these will be tough processes (probably not as tough as Recon, but I'm sure they're up there).

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    That was one of the cards I picked when I was being interviewed. A Challenge. I know my body is going to give up, and I'm gonna want to cry, but I believe with the proper self-motivation, I can do it.

I believe the most popular MOS would have to be 03XX. I asked for infantry, but I would honestly be fine with any job that the Marines would allow me to occupy. First and foremost I want to be a Marine and after that ill just do what I am told to do.

I dont know if i'm out of plaxe for saying this but ryan last time I checked Marines had a capital M. I'm sure many people will agree with me.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker
    Just once I'd like to see a post from a poolee that says hey I aint Rambo but I am real excited to join the Marines so I just went open contract.
    I don't really think you do. A poolee who said something like that would draw criticism for limiting himself or not having enough drive or intitiative or something. Poolees are always wrong.

Not going to lie, I really want to be infantry.

But, to be honest, just belonging to the Marine Corps is enough for me to be more than satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmehT
    Not going to lie, I really want to be infantry.

But, to be honest, just belonging to the Marine Corps is enough for me to be more than satisfied.
    So I'll take my eggs sunny side up, s__t on the shingles over hashbrowns.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Books
    I don't really think you do. A poolee who said something like that would draw criticism for limiting himself or not having enough drive or intitiative or something. Poolees are always wrong.
    Books, there are only two rules in the Corps that matter:

1. A Marine is always right!

2. If a Marine is wrong, see rule #1!

NUFF SAID!

Dave

The only thing that is fact about this thread is what I'm about to post, so you can take this to the bank.

There are lots and lots of hot chicks that you will come across while in the Fleet, however unless you're an Air Winger you will not get any of them.

Sure my Grunt brothers or whatever may not agree, however its because it pains them deeply to admit the truth about this matter. It has been going on since we Marines first started to fly, which was 12 May 1912, so you can see this has been going on for a very long time...way back when Dave, Sparky and Jack first went into the Marines, (but they were not Air Wingers), hahaha.

A little Marine Corps Aviation history, Marine Aviation started on May 22, 1912, when First Lieutenant Alfred A. Cunningham, USMC, reported to the Naval Aviation Camp at Annapolis. The Navy's first three aviators, Lieutenants T. G. Ellyson, John Rodgers, and J. H. Towers oversaw the camp's three aircraft.

http://www.acepilots.com/usmc/hist1.html

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I have met quite a few young ladies while in the Corps and not a single one of them asked if I was a ground pounder or an airwinger. None of them cared what MOS I had. Being a Marine was enough.

Are your sure Bulk, humm that is indeed odd.

I'm aiming to be just another *** kicking USMC grunt.

Thread Information