Bar owners: Baltimore cops target smokers for loitering - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Talking about a whole police force or sheriffs department in any town or municipality being corrupt because a few officers... is kin to what people are saying today of our Marine Corps being corrupt because of a few bad murderers and baby killers....this simply is not true.

The departments may need revamping and weeding out....but to lump ALL law enforcement and military into the same category is fruitless.

Corruption and taking bribes has been going on for years and not just in the law enforcement community. The police have been doing the best possible job with what they have to work with....scum and career criminals. To say a few bad apples spoils the rest is not always the case.And not ALL police and law enforcement are corrupt. If you obey the law...regardless of how stupid you have no to very little problems.

To rid the world of corruption you have to have priorities in place....to bust prostitutes in the red light district in mass this week and then leave them alone next week, unless flaunting the wears of the trade and begging to get busted and are not today is because the cops are a few blocks over busting the crack heads and dealers. A never ending thankless job.

The mindset that all cops and law enforcement are pigs and corrupt is wrong. When they save a life,comfort a lost child child,deliver a baby they are the same cops that are hero's. If they go out of the way to abuse an individual and enjoy it sadistically then they should be dealt with like any other member of society...to the full extent of the law.

If a law was enacted and the patrons of the bar knew that they would not be able to smoke and joke on the street in front of the bar then they should have moved on. That law did not happen overnight without forewarning.

If a cop tells you to do something they may not themselves fully agree with...but the job they are doing is enforcement.....regardless of personal beliefs.

If the CIC tells Marines to do something that they don't fully agree with but do it to the best ability they can muster and follow the lawful orders is because thats what the job is all about and that is what they are paid to do.And we as Marines say everyday...let us just do our job.

The cop on the beat is doing what he was told to do...by the mayor and city hall to the commissioner. If the bar owner wants to complain he should take it to city hall and leave the beat cop to do his/her job. In the same token the law enforcement street patrol does not need to use fire hydrant force when only a few drops of H2O is needed to snub out the flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper
    Talking about a whole police force or sheriffs department in any town or municipality being corrupt because a few officers... is kin to what people are saying today of our Marine Corps being corrupt because of a few bad murderers and baby killers....this simply is not true.

The departments may need revamping and weeding out....but to lump ALL law enforcement and military into the same category is fruitless.

Corruption and taking bribes has been going on for years and not just in the law enforcement community. The police have been doing the best possible job with what they have to work with....scum and career criminals. To say a few bad apples spoils the rest is not always the case.And not ALL police and law enforcement are corrupt. If you obey the law...regardless of how stupid you have no to very little problems.

To rid the world of corruption you have to have priorities in place....to bust prostitutes in the red light district in mass this week and then leave them alone next week, unless flaunting the wears of the trade and begging to get busted and are not today is because the cops are a few blocks over busting the crack heads and dealers. A never ending thankless job.

The mindset that all cops and law enforcement are pigs and corrupt is wrong. When they save a life,comfort a lost child child,deliver a baby they are the same cops that are hero's. If they go out of the way to abuse an individual and enjoy it sadistically then they should be dealt with like any other member of society...to the full extent of the law.

If a law was enacted and the patrons of the bar knew that they would not be able to smoke and joke on the street in front of the bar then they should have moved on. That law did not happen overnight without forewarning.

If a cop tells you to do something they may not themselves fully agree with...but the job they are doing is enforcement.....regardless of personal beliefs.

If the CIC tells Marines to do something that they don't fully agree with but do it to the best ability they can muster and follow the lawful orders is because thats what the job is all about and that is what they are paid to do.And we as Marines say everyday...let us just do our job.

The cop on the beat is doing what he was told to do...by the mayor and city hall to the commissioner. If the bar owner wants to complain he should take it to city hall and leave the beat cop to do his/her job. In the same token the law enforcement street patrol does not need to use fire hydrant force when only a few drops of H2O is needed to snub out the flame.
    Well said, Chuck...my sentiments EXACTLY...!!!

Some folks just don't know how it all works. I am a retired cop and have seen the whole routine at times. If you have a City Council that wants law enforced a certain way, that is what you get. Some places want more traffic enforcement and some a cop will get trounced for writting tickets. I worked for supervisors who punished you for making arrests after a certain time of night, because you were suppose to be checking the security of bussineses. It all depended who was in charge, what the Chief wanted, what the City Manager and Council wanted. They are influenced by citizens and voters.

When the Chief and city government change, a cop has to figure out what the new rules are. It is a vicous cycle.

Yes there are some bad apples. I have arrested cops. Never a fun deal, but sometimes nessesary.

Those cops are out there arresting those smokers because the were ordered to by somebody in the higher chain. You can bet on that.

S/F
    Finger

Thanks brothers. This one is for you guys. Be safe.

the biggest problem in not weather they are enforcing the loitering law. its the fact that the liberals in this country or tree huggers want take away or freedoms . I mean allot of drinkers smoke. but it seams as though non smokers have more rights these days. I'm glad i quit years ago. first they raised taxes on cigarettes so high. They thought they would get people to
    quit. now here in Pennsylvania or liberal governor want to ban smoking in the whole state. so its the smoking law that's the cause of all this crap.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    We can compare apples to oranges to the end of time. And I will agree that there are too many frivolous laws on the books. This is not a matter of smokers and non smokers....that is a whole different issue. The issue is obeying the LAW.

If they refuse to obey the law and standing out in front of a bar that is adding fuel to the fire. They already knew that they couldn't smoke out in front of the establishment. It is an act of defiance and dare and paramount to the tree hugger you speak of...except they were not chained until after the cops did the job they were paid for!

it's fine to follow orders when you're in the corps.
    it's another thing when you're a civilian you have a choice to agree
    with it or not. to work to repeal the unconstitutional law that should never
    been on the books.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    If they want to repeal the law....go through the proper channels and repeal the law. As stated in my statement above....
    The way to repeal the law is by following the law.

Unless you live life with the scorpions and snakes in a hermits hut and as long as life exists there will be a pecking order of laws to follow.

Unrest will get nothing except arrest....if one feels so strongly about the law being unconstitutional then one needs to go through the proper channels to repeal. To disobey the loitering law and fighting the police will only bring more charges and do nothing for the cause.

I think this is just another example of the loony left Baltimore government picking and choosing what morals/laws it wants to enforce. Prostitution: people have a right to have "sexual freedom". Drugs: People can't help their addictions. Gangs: People can't help that they've been shut off from society, a gang is the only place where they feel accepted. Smokers: Smoking is bad for the environment, get rid of the smokers!

Dammit this makes me upset to be living in Baltimore.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422

Dammit this makes me upset to be living in Baltimore.
    I've been to Baltimore and THIS is the only thing that upsets you with that place? The last time I was there, I swore it WAS the last time I would be there!

Thread Information