USMC Corporals After Action, Iraq - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    You were whining before you went into tha CROTCH,you think Your the only bastard thats been 2 WAR,its all YOU BRAGG about.DAMM Marine I was A Cpl 3x's. Had more azzholes SNCO'S than a toilet seat on an Aircraft Carrier.Suc it up and QUIT fucing WHINING,you go in as a officer 2ND LT.your gonna have Gunnys riding You worst that a fucing Bulldog in heat or You'll end Up getting Fragged!!!
    And you still got out a private, what does that say about YOU? Yeah I whine, but everyone I've talked to says a complaining Marine is a happy Marine. You act like I'm ****ed that I'm went "2 WAR", if you even read what I wrote I ENJOY Iraq. A slacker? Hardly. I do what I'm told and do it well, if I wasn't, I would be, guess what? A private.

None of you work with me so don't act like you do. I'm sorry I tell it how it is, that the Corps can be utterly stupid at times, maybe you've all been out so long that you've forgotten. Or maybe you liked stupid the stupid BS. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    And you still got out a private, what does that say about YOU? Yeah I whine, but everyone I've talked to says a complaining Marine is a happy Marine. You act like I'm ****ed that I'm went "2 WAR", if you even read what I wrote I ENJOY Iraq. A slacker? Hardly. I do what I'm told and do it well, if I wasn't, I would be, guess what? A private.

None of you work with me so don't act like you do. I'm sorry I tell it how it is, that the Corps can be utterly stupid at times, maybe you've all been out so long that you've forgotten. Or maybe you liked stupid the stupid BS. Who knows?
    There is a difference between complaining to a group of peers within your pay grade, and doing it on the internet where all ranks see and comment.
    Doing so does not inspire confidence in the NCO Corps or the individual wearing the rank.

You spout off on an open forum then get ****ed when someone has a different opinion.

Go out there, endure, and have fun while you still can in the Marine Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Don't Bullchit Me I Got A Turd In Each Pocket 4 You War Hero

Actually I got out as a Decorated PFC,You want sum Cheese w/that Whine War Hero,You couldn't wipe tha fudge outta my skivves on Your best day YOU frigging cry baby BOOT!!!

I Call Attention WHOR E !!!

I call motards...

Pete, I dont get upset at the comments. I'm a big boy and I can handle getting called a turd by Marines who have never met me. What upsets me is the blindness by Marines who have obviously been there and done that. At times the Corps freaking sucks more than anything else. A civilian job won't put you in a fighting hole in the freezing cold for some bs exercise or in a situation where you may have to fight for your life. The Corps does, and it sucks. If they enjoy doing that, good, thats why they reenlisted. I however, don't enjoy doing that. So I'm getting out. And that somehow makes me a turd? Thats what these guys don't get. Its like if you don't reenlist, you're a ****ty Marine and are going to end up homeless. Millions of veterans have successful lives after the military. To hear someone say I'm going to end up homeless is laughable. Maybe if I was stupid I would...but so far the only stupidity showing in my life is signing on the dotted line.

Its been fun though. Like you said, I'll enjoy my time in the Corps and hopefully like commdog said be able to look back and laugh at picking up rocks or raking sand. (I've done that too) But right now I'm not laughing, and $33,500 still won't make me change my mind. I want to sleep in until noon on the weekends and get my long surfer hair back, and I want to be able to go to the store and tell some irritable 50 year old dickhead to go **** himself without him questioning me and going to my chain of command.

I call motards...

Pete, I dont get upset at the comments. I'm a big boy and I can handle getting called a turd by Marines who have never met me. What upsets me is the blindness by Marines who have obviously been there and done that. At times the Corps freaking sucks more than anything else. A civilian job won't put you in a fighting hole in the freezing cold for some bs exercise or in a situation where you may have to fight for your life. The Corps does, and it sucks. If they enjoy doing that, good, thats why they reenlisted. I however, don't enjoy doing that. So I'm getting out. And that somehow makes me a turd? Thats what these guys don't get. Its like if you don't reenlist, you're a ****ty Marine and are going to end up homeless. Millions of veterans have successful lives after the military. To hear someone say I'm going to end up homeless is laughable. Maybe if I was stupid I would...but so far the only stupidity showing in my life is signing on the dotted line.

Its been fun though. Like you said, I'll enjoy my time in the Corps and hopefully like commdog said be able to look back and laugh at picking up rocks or raking sand. (I've done that too) But right now I'm not laughing, and $33,500 still won't make me change my mind. I want to sleep in until noon on the weekends and get my long surfer hair back, and I want to be able to go to the store and tell some irritable 50 year old dickhead to go **** himself without him questioning me and going to my chain of command.
    OK, you made your coffee stop at the Marine Corps, but you really havent been around long enough to understand what the Marine Corps is about. The very best thing you can do is go away. Don't go away mad, just go away. The Corps will survive without your comments. On the other hand I doubt that you will.

You know, today I'm having a good day and I just watched Taking Chance... that motivated me...it motivated me in a way that I should do my best and stay in for Marines just like him.

You know alot of you have me mistaken as a turd and ****bag who isn't proud to be a United States Marine. Couldn't be farther from the truth. I just get sick of all the BULL****, and theres just so much of it! And salty SNCOs being so moto and irritable don't make it any better.

But like the SSgt said, get promoted.

A civilian job won't put you in a fighting hole in the freezing cold for some bs exercise or in a situation where you may have to fight for your life
    Yes it will it can it does and you can get fired lickety split. Make sure you're educated and paid well.

--->Dave

Maybe You Should Of Joined The Girl Scouts...freaken Cry Baby!!!! What The **** Did You Think You Would Be Doin? You Probably Expected A Rose Garden!!

Nah, just less idiots.

it's really not so bad... wait until you meet the idiots in the civilian world... I got out after my first 4 and now I'm trying to get back in.

I feel it wasn't worth it, though I got out for family starting reasons I was also influenced by the bureaucracy of the leadership... I don't role like that..

just keep in mind that your unit is what sucks (I did 27 days in hawaii) and I can tell you, it's not pendleton out there... try to transfer to another unit at another duty station and see how a second tour goes before you continue calling every Marine an idiot... I know there are a lot of them who got in as a 17 yo sh!t nugget and is now your SSgt, but just learn to cope with it and blow it off somehow (don't go kissing men like accord) and you see it's not so bad.

SSgt I really dont think all Marines are idiots, sure there are some, but thats anywhere you go in life. Alot of the stuff I say here, especially in this thread, is just to ruffle feathers. Some of these gentlemen are so into the Corps, I kind of getting a kick telling them how it really is for a Marine on the ground in Iraq. Its like their love for the Corps they were in 30 years ago during Vietnam blinds them to the ugly truth that sometimes the Corps really blows. Thats what drives me crazy. They went through the same stuff I did, and I know they hated it, but somehow I'm a turd for stating it. Big deal! I tell it how it is.

I want to say I appreciate Marines like you and commdog and even Pete who have given me advice. Honestly...if I loved the Marine Corps all the time, I would think there was something wrong with me. I've never seen someone enjoy it all the time. Its a "Love to hate it" type thing.

well most of these old-timers as you state "...blinds them to the ugly truth...." well it's probably because after 30 years they only remember the great times they had because not only is their memory failing (you guys knew that was coming!! Semper Fi) but they more than likely put a mental block on the crap, especially after all the other pain and missery they might have encountered since those times.

You state YOUR facts and feelings just as many other Devil Dogs do on this site, it's just dishearting for many of these old salts to hear their Corps talker poorly about when it's improved so dramatically compared to their time... they were in vietnam with those old flak jackets (I had one for 3 years before I got a new one) and a new kevlar that weighed about 15lbs... we got tons (literally) of gear and a 4lb kevlar.

we can have a bullet hit our chest a classified number of times before it breaks through the sapi plate, they died.

we have it so much better than them, and this is why they don't like to hear these things. If you can be understanding of this kind of stuff you'll understand they don't really mean too much by it.

also I hate that you are so close to me in post count... I'm going to have to redouble my efforts!!!

Thumbs up

Long, but it was really good!

You know, today I'm having a good day and I just watched Taking Chance... that motivated me...it motivated me in a way that I should do my best and stay in for Marines just like him.

You know alot of you have me mistaken as a turd and ****bag who isn't proud to be a United States Marine. Couldn't be farther from the truth. I just get sick of all the BULL****, and theres just so much of it! And salty SNCOs being so moto and irritable don't make it any better.

But like the SSgt said, get promoted.
    SALTY SNCO's. I would guess that I am one of those since I did my 20 years and retired and have been out in this sad civilian world now for 36 years and its not getting any better.

Sonny, when I was in the Corps, you would not have lasted or made it through Boot Camp, let alone the Fleet. Your right civilian life is your calling and you will fit right in with their cluster fvck. Have fun.

Thread Information