Cold War Veteran - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If you go to cold war veterans.com there is a medal for cold war vets and I was able to purchace the medal and ribbon. But as of yet it is not a honored medal as of yet. And there is a cold war certificate of recognition Signed by Donald Rumsfeld

Sorry Bros Thats The cold War Veteran Association

To purchase a medal google Cold War Victory Medal Come In 2 sizes One is 25.00 an the other is 35.00

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I have thought about this and can not come up with a good answer. Marines receiving a medal for just doing their job ... well hell I have a few for just doing that. Do we need a medal for service members that served during the cold war era? I don't know. Give all the presidents from Johnson to Reagan a cold war medal. We were just the bullets in the gun.

they can't come up with the funding for a medal or certificate but they can sure come up with our billions for bank and insurance bailouts and bonuses, right?

National Defense Medal covers duty from 1961 to 1974

we can be like the Army a medal for everything you do ( tie your shoes,shave, and the haircut medal) lol

I agree with Bulkyker and Awbrown 1462. Some people call me the "old Corps". I was in from 1960 to 1964. The "old Corps" to me was Korea and wwII. I don't need a medal for doing my job. I was in supply stateside and 1st MAW MWSG-17 in Iwakuni. I feel we did an awful lot and then some getting the s--- down south from Iwakuni and Atsugi to you guys that really needed it. I lost a few good friends like everyone else, and think I sometimes dealt with "survivor syndrome" what ever the h--- that is. Why them and not me to I guess. The only medals I have is a good conduct and my rifle badge, and don't really care if I have or can get anything else, but I have inquired, but who really cares. Your right, "just do your job man."

Quote Originally Posted by CplKJSpevak View Post
    Why would it cost the goverment anything, You know we will buy any medal if we are authorized to have it, what $8 or something?

Like all medals and ribbons, the military will give you the first award. With those timeframes for this, that is a lot of service members throughout all branches of the military.

Your right Gunny and the Gov't has spent alot of money on paper just to print the certificate, so if it's needed that badley, issue the certificate and the guys can buy their own ribbons and medals

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog 2 View Post
    Your right Gunny and the Gov't has spent alot of money on paper just to print the certificate, so if it's needed that badley, issue the certificate and the guys can buy their own ribbons and medals

Or we can just leave it as a cetificate and nothing else. I have already had to update my shadowbox twice since I retired last March. Either way I really don't care.

Credits
    Savings
    Gunny, didn't retire, just EAS in '69.

I have also updated my shadowbox twice.

I have yet again a.n.other ribbon laying on top.

Laziness I guess.

Send me the certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    Gunny, didn't retire, just EAS in '69.

I have also updated my shadowbox twice.

I have yet again a.n.other ribbon laying on top.

Laziness I guess.

Send me the certificate.

Funny.... I have one laying on my dresser. Was waiting to see if anything else came through. Definitely laziness.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Medals don't feed tha' Bulldog

There were actually Medals made from the metal of the Nuke Missiles that were destroyed after tha cold war,chit like it ain't getting heated up again these Marines outta Boot or SOI are decorated like a Fucing Easter Egg Sgt.B any more Salad on Your Young butt your gonna need a Crane too hold your azz upright(lol)

Anyone else notice that it is mostly pouges looking for chest candy?

Thread Information