The Black Rifle - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by ttracker65
    I believe those are the same ones on Bushmasters list as well as some Greek ammo.
    Cpl B
    What type of weapon do you have on your picture?

Talking The Black Rifle

Bushmaster XM15 E2S M4 A3 with the 6.8 SPC upper or to make it shorter it is the civilian model of the M468 with a Leatherwood M600 ART Scope.
    Cpl B

Looks to be an outstanding weapon.

Talking The Black Rifle

It treats me good I treat it good.......I still think it is the cats meow
    The M16 A2 was a joke on a Trac no room.
    Cpl B

Corporal

Bushmaster XM15 E2S M4 A3 with the 6.8 SPC upper or to make it shorter it is the civilian model of the M468 with a Leatherwood M600 ART Scope.
    Cpl B
    Yeah shorter is better for clos range combat. And urban warfare.

Talking The Black Rifle

Hey Nez46 you are back. Yes the shorter barrel cuts down on long range shots but your avg shot now day's is from point blank to 135 yds. after that call in the M82 those boy's can reach out and touch someone

Corporal

Hey Nez46 you are back. Yes the shorter barrel cuts down on long range shots but your avg shot now day's is from point blank to 135 yds. after that call in the M82 those boy's can reach out and touch someone
    Yeah im a big hunter so shooting is not a big deal. I like close range combat but i like to reach out and touch things.

So Nez, how often are you in a close range combat situation?

Mike

Ha

Quote Originally Posted by crazymjb
    So Nez, how often are you in a close range combat situation?

Mike
    I have never been in one im just saying. Lol

It amazes me how many people have an opinion about weapons they have never touched.

Regardless, you all (poolees and Marines alike) can keep all the super duper new innovations. You can have your piston driven uppers, you can hope for the 6.8mm round (it isn't going to happen, it would cost NATO too much to change now). You can talk about how much easier a 16 (or 14.5) inch barrel is to deal with. I'll stick with the 20 inch A2, thanks very much.

It worked for me when I was wearing green for a living. I had exactly one failure in my enlistment. I now own a 20 inch Colt AR15 A2 and have yet to have a problem, even when I have tried to create them. It is still a short weapon, quick and easy to use. It can hit to (and beyond) the maximum kill distance of the round, and it is just plain fun to sit 500 meters away from a target and show Army guys that you really can hit it with the iron sights. Heck, once you understand how to shoot the thing you can hit everything from contact distance to 500 meters with the BZO on the rifle. Sorry, I don't see any way to improve upon perfection. When you try to fix some things, you just end up messing them up.

Talking The Black Rifle

I can take nothing away from the AR15 'roun '87 '88 I owned a Ar15 A2 Sporter2 and it preformed well. but as to it in CQB it had it's let downs. as too alot of questions that is why this thread is here.
    good luck good shooting

Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    It amazes me how many people have an opinion about weapons they have never touched.

Regardless, you all (poolees and Marines alike) can keep all the super duper new innovations. You can have your piston driven uppers, you can hope for the 6.8mm round (it isn't going to happen, it would cost NATO too much to change now). You can talk about how much easier a 16 (or 14.5) inch barrel is to deal with. I'll stick with the 20 inch A2, thanks very much.

It worked for me when I was wearing green for a living. I had exactly one failure in my enlistment. I now own a 20 inch Colt AR15 A2 and have yet to have a problem, even when I have tried to create them. It is still a short weapon, quick and easy to use. It can hit to (and beyond) the maximum kill distance of the round, and it is just plain fun to sit 500 meters away from a target and show Army guys that you really can hit it with the iron sights. Heck, once you understand how to shoot the thing you can hit everything from contact distance to 500 meters with the BZO on the rifle. Sorry, I don't see any way to improve upon perfection. When you try to fix some things, you just end up messing them up.
    I understand i have shot the rifles i talk about well most of them. But the thing is that i think that long barrels will still work for the military.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Discuss: ?

Gun to ear

What in the world is that idiot doing. Thats helping him alright lol.

What is the M1 that was mentioned on this thread? The only rifle I know with that designation is the M1 used prior to the M14 by both the Army and Marines. If memory serves me right the silent drill team still uses the M1.

I do remember that rifle PT was easier with the tinker toy than the M14.

Thread Information