The Black Rifle - Page 12
Create Post
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Rifle

Talking The Black Rifle

Nez46 Max Effective Range - not max range try again

Range

550 m (600 yd) sorry i didnt sound right to me either but thats what a website told me.

Talking The Black Rifle

ahhhh Nez46 ah well
    Poolees listen up:
    What are the 4 shooting Position used for the Marine Corps Qualification.

Shooting Positions

standing, kneeling, sitting and prone sir.

Talking The Black Rifle

Good Job Nez46 now for the sight's:
    (1) what does each click for the vertical represent
    (2) what does each click for the horazontil represent
    Good luck Poolees.

Iron Sights

Each click of elevation and windage is 1 centimeter. For ease, round up to one square. However, each square of the 25-meter zero target is .9 centimeter in actual measurement, which affects large adjustments. Elevation is the clicks verticle. And windage are your clicks horizontal.

Talking The Black Rifle

Good job Nez46 each click represents 1/4 " increments.
    Now Poolees Answer these questions:

(1) Explain the "flag" system when determining wind speed.
    (2) Explain on how to determine range by Height.

Good Luck Poolees

Question

The Flag Method of determining wind velocity is the primary method used on the KD range. The flag method is based on the observation of a flag or some other cloth object that is blowing in the wind. It requires the Marine to estimate the angle (in degrees) that the flag is blowing away from its vertical pole. Dividing this angle by 4 will give the wind velocity in mph.
    >Mil-Dot is a range estimating reticle that was developed for military applications. The space between the dot centers subtends one milliradian (Mil). One Mil subtends 3.6" at 100 yards, or 36" at 1,000 yards.

This reticle was developed in the late 1970s to help U.S. Marine snipers estimate distances, and is now standard for all military branches. The space between dot centers subtends one milliradian (mil) hence the name mil-dot. Contrary to popular belief it does not stand for "military dot". One mil subtends 3.6 inches at 100 yards or 36 inches at 1,000 yards. To use this system effectively you must know the size of the target. For instance most people are an average of 6 feet tall or 2 yards. The formula used for determining range to the target is (size of target x 1000 divided by number of mils the target covers).

>

Talking The Black Rifle

Very Good Nez46 absolutly correct.
    Poolees here are some easy ones:

(1) Describe Guageing Fire.
    (2) Describe what a beaten zone is.

Good Luck Poolees

Talking The Black Rifle

Poolees are we having trouble with this one? Think and if that does not work you may wish to use the guide book or try the Riflemans TM........Do Not Make Me Do Your Work For You!

Question

is number one suppose to be Gauging Fire??

Talking The Black Rifle

Yes Nez do not be smart just cause you got a chalenge coin from the SgtMajor. Good luck

questions

How did you know i got a challenge coin? 1. Well i turned number one inside and out and i do not have any riflemans guide books or tms. 2.The Beaten Zone is a concept in indirect infantry small arms fire, specifically machine guns. It describes the area between the "first catch" and the "last graze" of a bullet's trajectory. At the first of these points a bullet will hit a standing man in the head, at the last of these points, as the bullet drops, it will hit a standing man in the feet. Anyone standing within the beaten zone will be hit somewhere from head to foot.The concept works best as part of a static defence with the area covered by a position plotted out before hand. Usually the machine guns will be mounted on a tripod and indirect fire sights (such as a dial sight) fitted in addition to, or instead of, direct fire ones. Fire can then be called in by spotters to engage specific points in the guns field of fire, even if out of sight of the machine gunners.

Talking The Black Rifle

Nez46 Good job on #2, #1 Gauging fire is the concept of fireing around to gauge Range to Target and following through with "Kentucky windage"
    Next questions are 1 on Range and 1 That is a curve ball.

(1) Describe Kentucky Windage.
    (2) Who is LtCol CC Coffman, What War and What makes him so speciel in the Marine Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by ttracker65
    Nez46 Good job on #2, #1 Gauging fire is the concept of fireing around to gauge Range to Target and following through with "Kentucky windage"
    Next questions are 1 on Range and 1 That is a curve ball.

(1) Describe Kentucky Windage.
    (2) Who is LtCol CC Coffman, What War and What makes him so speciel in the Marine Corps.
    (1.)It's a term used to describe the practice of using ones best estimate to compensate for wind or target movement.

And the second one I am haveing trouble with, but I'm still workin on it.

Thread Information