The Black Rifle - Page 19
Create Post
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: The Black Rifle

Talking The Black Rifle

Hey Good Deal You are on it.
    how many receiver groups does the M16/M4 have and what are they? This is a 2 part question.

The M16/M4 variants contain two receiver groups, upper and lower.

Talking The Black Rifle

Very Good Poolee. Now we get down to Brass Tacks.
    What are the 6 Major Assembly Groups of the M16/M4 Service Rifle?

Talking The Black Rifle

Very Good Poolee. Now we get down to Brass Tacks.
    What are the 6 Major Components of the M16/M4 Service Rifle?

The major components of the M16/M4 Service Rifle are the Upper and Lower Receiver Groups, Charging Handle, Bolt Carrier Assembly, Magazine Cartridge... does the Sling count? That'd be six.

Talking The Black Rifle

Very Good Poolee,
    Now what changes were made from the M16 A2 to the M16 A3 service Rifles?? Good Luck Poolees.

I know that the A2 has a fixed carry handle, while the A3 has a removable one. Isn't the A3 also Full Auto instead of Burst? Cause I think that's what they replaced on the A4, was that they put the burst back.

Talking The Black Rifle

Good Job Poolee,
    Sorry for so long in replying been working on my trip to Camp Pendleton in March.
    New Question, List the sequence of locking on to a target? Help em out OIF's and OEF's

Quote Originally Posted by ttracker65 View Post
    New Question, List the sequence of locking on to a target? Help em out OIF's and OEF's
    Step 1) See the insurgent.

Step 2) Determine hostile intent.

Step 3) Arrange meeting with Allah!

That prayer reminds me of how the samurai would believe that they're sword contained their spirit.

Talking The Black Rifle

Poolees you first do a Situation report (SIT-REP), Identify, Sight Alignement, Sight Picture, Squeeze....BANG!
    New Question:
    When you clean your service weapon do you leave oil on it after you are done??

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ttracker65 View Post
    Poolees you first do a Situation report (SIT-REP), Identify, Sight Alignement, Sight Picture, Squeeze....BANG!
    New Question:
    When you clean your service weapon do you leave oil on it after you are done??
    Negative. If your referring to the outside of it. More than likely the oil left on the outside of your weapon will attract dirt or sand. One of the worst thing a weapon hates is an abused user who never cleans it.

Credits
    Savings
    leave too much inside and see what happens too. turn your bolt into oatmeal..

Quote Originally Posted by C BAKER View Post
    Negative. If your referring to the outside of it. More than likely the oil left on the outside of your weapon will attract dirt or sand. One of the worst thing a weapon hates is an abused user who never cleans it.
    Mostly correct.
    Heavy lube on the entire weapon should be used when putting a weapon in an armory for any amount of time.
    The condensation in the armory, especially aboard ship, will make your weapon rust if not lubed enough.
    Never lube the face of the bolt in any situation.

Now tell me how the M-16 (and variants) should be lubricated in the following environments:
    1. Desert
    2. Rain forest/jungle
    3. Arctic
    4. Temperate climate

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Now tell me how the M-16 (and variants) should be lubricated in the following environments:
    1. Desert
    2. Rain forest/jungle
    3. Arctic
    4. Temperate climate

Answer to all of the above: CAREFULLY

Thread Information