Bars just off Base. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gardnerbob57103
    Another thing I remember from the rock was across from the main gate at Camp Hanson there was a place that sold "chicken legs" for 2 dollars american. I put quotation marks around Chicken legs because they were awfully big for chickens. Always wondered because of the absence of dogs .................. was still good chow when you are hungry after a night of sucking down the local watered down hooch. LOL
    I remember that place outside of Hansen with the "chicken" legs. Those were the biggest chickens in the world if that was really chicken? They also had great corn dogs there!

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    I remember that place outside of Hansen with the "chicken" legs. Those were the biggest chickens in the world if that was really chicken? They also had great corn dogs there!

God! I was beginning to think there were no Marines on the Island when I was there. Thanks for the come back.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    FORGOT TOO AD,THAT DONNA'S DADDY;WOULD ALWAYS BUY ANY MARINE OR ARMY PERSONNEL THE 1ST.@LAST BEER!THAT WAS VERY RARE,IN 1969!!!

The Silver Spur in Kinville

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The U and I club,,, not far from $hit river.On the left.

Credits
    Savings
    I remember Charlie Browns II. Spent many a weekend at that place. First place I ever tried the haboo sake. Hey, Kim, remember the "rainbow"? Something like eight shots of different liquor poured into one stem glass and each layer seperated itself? I remeber having one, but not I sure didn't rember much afterwards!!!! No offense, Kim, but you didn't "star" in any of the movies that were played on all the T.V.'s there did you?? LOL

The bars in San Clemente were leaps and bounds above any bar you'd find in Oceanside. I was always a fan of Dukes, Goodys and an Irish joint in that area (can't remember the name of it) Far better than "The Rusty Spur" or "Bub's Dive" in oceanslime.

*EDIT On a side note - a friend of mine called a telephone number written on the wall of a bar's bathroom in Oceanside, turned out to be a dude lookin' to give somebody head.

There's 2 bars I remember well, one was the "Rocky - Road!" (or RockyRun?) outside LeJeune, primarely a biker bar, not to many of us jarheads hung out there. They always had a big bonfire outback on the weekends! Good times!
    The other bar was "The Alibi!", 2 little dives outside of LeJeune!

Semper Fi!

The White rose in Kailua and
    Big Helens in San Clemente

Coachs Corner in Carlsbad was fun.

Ya know when I stated this thread I didn't think I would get so many replies. I guess we all have memorable places that we hung out after duty. Those hangouts are some of my most enjoyed memories. I am glad that I could spur so many good memories and attention from all of you. What is cool is some of you could have been in those same bars when I was there. Maybe you can add some memorable nights you remember to the thread. I would enjoy hearing the old bar stories. Of course we need to keep em somewhat clean. LOL Keep em coming Marines! I am loving this thread. Semper Fi

Home come nobody said The Wolrd Famous Thunderbird that used to stand in J'ville. If you did, my old eyes missed it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rb1651
    I remember Charlie Browns II. Spent many a weekend at that place. First place I ever tried the haboo sake. Hey, Kim, remember the "rainbow"? Something like eight shots of different liquor poured into one stem glass and each layer seperated itself? I remeber having one, but not I sure didn't rember much afterwards!!!! No offense, Kim, but you didn't "star" in any of the movies that were played on all the T.V.'s there did you?? LOL
    OH MY GOD! THE MOVIES - Jimmy used to love to start that trash up everytime we got one of the tables in the back! LOL!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    OH MY GOD! THE MOVIES - Jimmy used to love to start that trash up everytime we got one of the tables in the back! LOL!

Ahhhh, the memories!!!!

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Finger
    Home come nobody said The Wolrd Famous Thunderbird that used to stand in J'ville. If you did, my old eyes missed it.
    I remember it. Noticed they always had cracks in the windows from the bands.

Thread Information