Bars just off Base. - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    How can you forget the Thunderbird. It's gone now.

Can't remember the names but we spent a lot of time at the bars in Havelock and Slocum Village outside Cherry Pt.One I think was called The Main Gate.

the Redeye in kinville, there was also a irish style joint just to the left when you walked out the gate I cant remember the name (anybody remember it?)

There was "The Rendesvous" across the street from the main gate at Cherry Point, also, "The Hangar" a litte further down the road.

I remember "Morries" in Millington, TN and "Tail o' the Bull" by El Toro.

On Good Friday when I was in AQB school at NAS, Memphis, a bunch of us checked out from school about 1300 to "go to church", and headed straight for Morries and drank beer all afternoon. A SSgt and a MSgt were riding double on an old Cushman scooter, and when we broke up they wiped out on the railroad tracks a block down the street. An ambulance hauled them off. The MSgt said on Monday, "Try explaining to your wife what you're doing in the hospital drunk on your butt when you were supposed to have been in school all day!"

Memories!!!!!!!!

crate

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    A mile out the back of El Toro was the Iron Mule. It was okay, but when they closed on the weekend everyone went to the Bonfire afterwards to keep up the party. A few Bros lost a bit o money shooting dice with the locals.

Albany, the Monkey Palace was a real dive bar with a thick layer of cigarette smoke that was like CS. One Bro was outside and got hit in the head with a half full bottle of Jack Daniels thrown at him from an unpatriotic citizen. He was happy cause it didn't break and he laid claim to it!

All in all the best parties were local groupies that invited us back to their place to party with them and their girlfriends. They presented quite a 'target rich environment'!

Anyone who was up at Adak Ak know this place it was the only place to go.
    Tun Tavern and cookies...
    And down in Camp Lejeune is the driftwood and tobey

Alabamas just outside of MCAS Futenma in Okinawa. I spent many of hours in that place. Another couple favorites are the Side Door and Gate 2 Garage off of Kadena AFB in Okinawa.

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund323
    Oh, yeah......The Driftwood, The Bayou, Tobey's, Tony's Brown Bagger etc.
    Sadly enough, the Bayou is gone and the Brown Bagger is now a barber shop.....

Times change I guess.

Anyone stationed in Crete, Greece will remember the Fun Pub down in Hania. They have a pull up bar mounted to the ceiling and we used to hang down from the bar with our legs, and then curl up to the ceiling while doing a shot. The place didn't open until midnight and didn't get going til 2 or 3 am but we used to do that some nights until the sun came up! Great place to go to,,, if you're in the area!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Portsmouth UK, Olongopo & Hong Kong

Best bars I ever visited were Joanna's in Portsmouth, also known as the sticky carpet.
    Next was the bars in Olongopo when the curfew was on in 1980, totally wicked and getting ratarsed at Cubi Point AFB beach bar.
    For a touch of class there was the Bull & Bush in Hong Kong or the China Fleet Club.

Memories of technicolour yawns and lewd wenches.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Do any of the Royals who were at Stonehouse remember the Pussycat Club in the main drag or the Captains Cabin in the piazza in Gibralter

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    all the little bars along HWY17,the Castaway in Jacksonville didn,t go in all of them

Bars just off Base.

How about the Black Lantern, outside the main gate at MCAS Beaufort, halfway to Laurel Bay. I was supposed to be in Savannah at 5 to catch a flight to Indianapolis for a 96. My buddy talked me into going out for one beer! We closed the place at 2. I came back showered, woke up my ride and caught the plane. On the plane I put a blanket over me, fastened my seat belt and went to sleep. The stewardess woke me up in Indy. We had landed and taken off at Atlanta and Louisville and I don't remember a thing. My Dad picked me up and said I looked hung-over. Hmmm

Ron Banta, thanks for the ride, wherever you are.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Old thread but I got to thinking. What was the name of that club in Kinville? It was down the street on the right and had a wool blanket for a door. You could hear the music clear on base and their specialty drink was flaming rainbows. Mamasan had a tazor if any fights broke out she would dive right in and zap everybody.

Credits
    Savings
    Eddie's Place in Kinville
    East Coast on BC street
    Metallica outside the Kitimia Gate at Foster
    Rock Lobster in Barrio Baretto
    George and Dragon in Dubia UAE
    Pure Platinum outside the back gate in Oceanside

Thread Information