MECEP questions.. Mustangs, please help! - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Marine Spouse Free Member Idena's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DobbinsBlythe
    I was told that TBS (the basic school) in Quantico, VA was only Monday through Friday. He should still receive BAH.. especially if he's training. Your family still has to have somewhere to live right?

OCS he will be away from you. You will live with him when he goes to school. I'm pretty sure he'll have the weekends with you during TBS also. That's what I've gathered from everyone who's posted with helpful answers here.

I'll be interested also to find out about the deadlines and the application process. There are probably answers on the usmc.mil page. That's where I found a lot of the documents with lots of helpful answers.
    Monday through Friday is more or less accurate, but there are certainly times when he'll have training events on a Saturday, or he'll be voluntold to attend some sort of other base event. And there are remedial sessions for things like land nav that take place on Saturdays as well.

So the bottom line is that he will typically be home on Saturdays, but you can't count on it 100%. Believe that he's home for the weekend when you wake up Saturday morning & he's still there. :-)

Credits
    Savings
    Idena speaks - Her 4th post.

Welcome Ms Isrowei.

Semper Fidelis to your Husband!!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165
    Idena speaks - Her 4th post.

Welcome Ms Iswori(sp)
    Haha - thanks, Big Al! For the longest time my computer was fubared & wouldn't let me post in ANY of these forums, only read posts. For reasons unbeknownst to me, it started working again tonight. :sigh: Technology. Computers are wayyyy more Isrowei's thing than they are mine!

AHH! Hi Idena! It's nice to meet you! And thanks for the insight. It's nice to know other wives are out there with some insight!

God Bless!!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DobbinsBlythe
    AHH! Hi Idena! It's nice to meet you! And thanks for the insight. It's nice to know other wives are out there with some insight!

God Bless!!
    Nice to meet you too - I'll answer any questions to the best of my ability. :-)

Thread Information