A Horrid Disgrace - MUST READ! - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ladies and Gentleman of the City of Berkeley;

Once again the city has failed to act in a responsible manner and apologise to both it's constituent business base as well as it's local Marine Heroes for their outrageous behavior. Failing to protect the recruiting station, the local business and citizens of your community display an attitude of arrogance that will certainly be remembered when it is time for re election. You have embarassed both yourself and your voting base with your actions.

Your actions in actively supporting the protests of this recruiting station border on the illegal and in the best case scenario are not in keeping with your sworn positions to assist the citizens of Berkeley. Local business has been negatively effected, negative publicity for the town and an absolutely shocking display of your "values" in general. I am both appalled and disgusted and I believe the vote shows the true colors of this council and it's alleged leadership.

Perhaps the city would be willing to fund parking spaces for Code Pink to protest outside it's offices on the matter at hand? Or perhaps that is the reason for the cowardice in your actions?

Unlike your attempt at appeasement, you do not support the American service person, until you apologise to the Marines.

Semper Fidelis,

Leonard Lawrence

----- Original Message -----
    To: mayor@ci.berkeley.ca.us
    Cc: lmaio@ci.berkeley.ca.us ; dmoore@ci.berkeley.ca.us ; manderson@ci.berkeley.ca.us ; spring@ci.berkeley.ca.us ; lcapitelli@ci.berkeley.ca.us ; olds@ci.berkeley.ca.us ; kworthington@ci.berkeley.ca.us ; GWozniak@ci.berkeley.ca.us
    Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 1:08 AM
    Subject: Marines as "unwelcomed Intruders"

Ladies and Gentleman of Berkley:

I read with great dissappointment recent news that the city has decided that the Marine Corps Recruiting station is an "unwelcomed intruder" in the city.

In 1775 in a small tavern in Philadelphia a group of adventurous young men formed a band of brothers called the Continental Marines. Since that time the Marine Corps has served as a beacon in society extolling some of the best virtues of our youth and instilling responsibility, respect and maturity in our elders. As such they have become targets of those on the fringe and in this case a multitude of the population in Berkeley.

I watch with great sadness as the lawlessness of the town is exposed. Police refuse to end the harassment and protests that border on criminal in regard to the recruiting station there. The lawlessness has extended to acts of vandalism and disruption of business. Yet, the City Refuses to act. The city refuses to take a stand to defend members of it's citizentry against the tyranny of it's own citizens, and has gone so far as to encourage it by legislative decision.

Since that November day in 1775, the Marine Corps has been a force in readiness prepared to defend the rights of individuals and protect the weak. Apparently the city does not feel the need to acknowledge that honor. Countless individuals from across this land, over the past 232 years, have spent their lives on foriegn soil in an effort to keep the rights of the citizens in Berkeley free to express their views. Individuals with honor, courage and commitment who will remain nameless so as not to sully their names in this city, worked to provide the freedoms the City of Berekely enjoys.

It is with a heavy heart that I ask you to look inside yourselves and see if there is any honor in it. The Marines in this city are attempting to pass on the values that this country has held dear from it's inception and as a result are not being afforded the same protections. It is negligent, in my opinion, for the City to not only ignore the issues and facts, but encourage the explusion of a positive influence in society.

I challenge you to look inside yourself and find the courage to do your jobs. If you look at the situation objectively I think you will find that the Marine Recruiting Center is a positive force in your society and is entitled to the same freedoms that you enjoy. These same freedoms that have in part been purchased in Marine's blood. To do anything less would be to expose the moral bankruptcy of Berkeley and target groups in the City that do not agree with the mainstream. In short, this would be both dishonorable and illegal.

I wish you the best in your review of this situation and am sure that you will find the only proper solution would be an inclusion of the Leathernecks in your city. I certainly welcome any response you may have.

Semper Fidelis,

Leonard Lawrence

I had some extra time and patience and took a look at some of the Code Pink and Marines videos on you tube. I think a verbal description and what is actually going on are two different things. What these people are doing is criminal and impeding the movement of others. This doens't even go into the part about them being annoying to the point where I feel criminal.

In regard to the posted picture of the "serviceperson" who pushed the protestor....he had a lot more patience trying to get through then I would have. He asked politely several times and then made a hole, which of course was exaggerated by those filming.

I would love to buy that man a beer though.

Ditto If They Keep The Senate , And I Dont Like To Think What's Gonna Happen If Clinton Or The Obama Is Elected And They End Up With All Three H Of Rep. , Senate, And C.o.c.-there's Still A Chance To Get The C.o.c. And Senate. -- The Usa Better Wake Up Or Like One Warrior Said ''prepare For More Then Just Our Soldiers To Come Home If They Are Pulled Out.

Can anyone tell me which moronic City Council member it was that said, "The Few, The Proud, the you know" while he visably showed his personal dislike for the USMC. And was he the same one that called Marines "the President's gangsters"? You see I have been writing letters, sending emails, signing petitions, forwarding messages and making phone calls to anyone that will listen about this bullsh**. I have been saving this guy for last as I have quite a bit I want to say to this pitiful excuse for a man. I would prefer to say it up close and personal but a letter will have to do. And I am ready to unload on this piece of dung! It is so hard to write these things in a lady like manner and still get the feeling across without using, you f**king a**hole, you worthless piece of sh**, you sh** for brains waste of skin, etc. But I'll manage somehow.

God Bless The United States Marine Corps!!
    Semper Fi

They are scum, pure and simple. However, once you reach your 'zen' with that, and realize it and also realize that you are far more than they will ever HOPE to be, you can look at them for the pitiful, pathetic losers they are.

Semper!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Im interested to hear if there was ever a response.

keith

They are the types of people that need a good %$# woopin!

Thread Information