A Horrid Disgrace - MUST READ! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We've been getting this kind of crap out of Berkeley for at least forty years. When God decides to give the world an enema, that's where he'll put the hose.
    Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    The Peoples Republic Of Berkeley and the University of California suceeded from the union many decades ago.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun
    berkely hehehehe nowhere in this country have i witnessed so many disturbed individuals traveling the streets. The bay areas finest freak show rendered down into a fecal melting pot of everything that insults. the milquetoast inhabitants manage a repulsive militant arrogance that gets under a humans skin in short order.

Has anybody shared a hole with a Marine raised in berkeley? lets hear about it.

berkeley is everything an American Marine despises. IMNSHO berkeley is a phoney swill of fake ass lies and deceit and its just as well there is no Marine presence there.

--->Dave
    I live about 30 minutes driving time from Berkely, I wish I lived there though. I am in the DEP right now and would love the chance to walk proudly through their protests into the recruiters office.

I sent the City Council and the Mayor a note...I attached it below and only hope it does my brothers and sisters who have sacrificed much and little right....the only change, was I actually used my own name I don't think Leonard would be our best spokesperson...

----------------------------------

Ladies and Gentleman of Berkley:

I read with great dissappointment recent news that the city has decided that the Marine Corps Recruiting station is an "unwelcomed intruder" in the city.

In 1775 in a small tavern in Philadelphia a group of adventurous young men formed a band of brothers called the Continental Marines. Since that time the Marine Corps has served as a beacon in society extolling some of the best virtues of our youth and instilling responsibility, respect and maturity in our elders. As such they have become targets of those on the fringe and in this case a multitude of the population in Berkeley.

I watch with great sadness as the lawlessness of the town is exposed. Police refuse to end the harassment and protests that border on criminal in regard to the recruiting station there. The lawlessness has extended to acts of vandalism and disruption of business. Yet, the City Refuses to act. The city refuses to take a stand to defend members of it's citizentry against the tyranny of it's own citizens, and has gone so far as to encourage it by legislative decision.

Since that November day in 1775, the Marine Corps has been a force in readiness prepared to defend the rights of individuals and protect the weak. Apparently the city does not feel the need to acknowledge that honor. Countless individuals from across this land, over the past 232 years, have spent their lives on foriegn soil in an effort to keep the rights of the citizens in Berkeley free to express their views. Individuals with honor, courage and commitment who will remain nameless so as not to sully their names in this city, worked to provide the freedoms the City of Berekely enjoys.

It is with a heavy heart that I ask you to look inside yourselves and see if there is any honor in it. The Marines in this city are attempting to pass on the values that this country has held dear from it's inception and as a result are not being afforded the same protections. It is negligent, in my opinion, for the City to not only ignore the issues and facts, but encourage the explusion of a positive influence in society.

I challenge you to look inside yourself and find the courage to do your jobs. If you look at the situation objectively I think you will find that the Marine Recruiting Center is a positive force in your society and is entitled to the same freedoms that you enjoy. These same freedoms that have in part been purchased in Marine's blood. To do anything less would be to expose the moral bankruptcy of Berkeley and target groups in the City that do not agree with the mainstream. In short, this would be both dishonorable and illegal.

I wish you the best in your review of this situation and am sure that you will find the only proper solution would be an inclusion of the Leathernecks in your city. I certainly welcome any response you may have.

Semper Fidelis,

Leonard Lawrence

E-mail That Chit To Arnold, See If Ya Get An Answer?

http://govnews.ca.gov/govmail/webmail.php

Sent a note to Arnold as well, mentioning the funding. He is the peoples govenor, is he not

I received a reply from one of the council members in regard to my email.

She stated that the vote had actually been 6-3 and not the reported 8-1 vote. Per her reply she stated she was one of the council members to vote against the measure....and for the Marines. There is expected to be an upcoming correction to the reported votes....

If you aren't interested in preaching to the choir...the council person was Kriss Worthington. She received my hearty thanks for her support on the matter.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I remember after 9-11 when everyone was flying flags on their cars Berkeley's council ordered their fire department remove all flags from the trucks.

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Exclamation Good moto, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot34
    THIS INSULTS ME TO MY VERY CORE! MY GREAT GRANDFATHER SERVED IN WWII! HE SAW HIS FRIENDS GUNNED DOWN BY MACHINE GUN FIRE! THOSE STUPID MOTHER*******! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WOULD HAVE THE MOST DUMB **** IDEA THAT THEY SHOULD SHUN THE PEOPLE THAT KEEP THEM SAFE! IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM! IF THEY SAW WHAT ONE MARINE WENT THROUGH THEY GO HOME CRYING WHILE THE CORPS WOULD LAUGH!
    I appreciate your motivation and your passion there, poolee.

However:

1) You are a poolee/DEPer; you are restricted to posting comments in the poolee section ONLY.

2) Drop the ALL CAPS. This is not an ALMAR. And you should not be SHOUTING.

Otherwise, stay the course and step into the yellow footprints with pride.

Sgt gw

Berkeley Attacks U.S. Marines - MAF Responds!

MAF Chairman Melanie Morgan on Neil Cavuto show discussing Berkeley fallout - WATCH IT HERE!!

See our press release responding to the shameful actions by the Berkeley City Council - CLICK HERE

Register your complaint with the City of Berkeley via Phone or Email - CLICK HERE!!

***NEW: "Treason in Berkeley" - CLICK HERE!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardLawrence
    I received a reply from one of the council members in regard to my email.

She stated that the vote had actually been 6-3 and not the reported 8-1 vote. Per her reply she stated she was one of the council members to vote against the measure....
    i received the same letter and it started with "Thanks for the email". Well she obviously sent those out in a mass panic and didn't read the content because there was absolutely nothing to thank me for

--->Dave

zombietimes

Here's a link to the rest of the article
    http://www.zombietime.com/berkeley_m...orps_2-1-2008/

Berkeley's Marine Corps Recruiting Center Controversy

Protest by World Can't Wait and Code Pink

Berkeley, California, February 1, 2008

As noted in an earlier zombietime report, the radical group Code Pink has since September of 2007 been staging protests in front of a U.S. Marine Corps' "Officer Selection Office" on Shattuck Square in downtown Berkeley, California, in an attempt to force the office to close. The protests have been scheduled almost daily for over three months continuously, though bad weather (and apathy) have meant minimal (and sometimes nonexistent) attendence at many of these events -- which have ranged from "Kiss-Ins" to juggling performances to mass public breastfeedings and beyond.

Recently, however, the campaign to expel the Marines from Berkeley was given a fresh injection of energy when the Berkeley City Council voted on January 29 to
    give their official stamp of approval to the protest and even award Code Pink a complimentary dedicated personal parking space for their protest truck directly in front of the Marines' office. The City Manager was then instructed by the municipal government to send a letter to the Marines, informing them that they are "uninvited and unwelcome intruders" in Berkeley.

Once word of this aggressively anti-military official act reached the outside world, conservative and pro-patriotic advocates
    were spurred to action, calling for condemnations of the city, boycotts of Berkeley businesses, counter-protests and more.

Most significantly, Senator Jim DeMint (R - South Carolina) began proceedings to
    prevent federal funds from reaching Berkeley; $2.1 million in earmarks for Berkeley are planned to be rescinded and instead given to the Marines.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

This pretty well says it all. The air heads are clearly in violation of the above, but they would be the first, and loudest, if they were denied this right of all Americans. In my opinion, the Corps should just ignore the "resolution" and keep the office open. Code Pink, on the other hand, can keep on demonstrating, however, if they deny any citizen access to the office they should be given a suite at the Graybar Hotel with sufficient time to collect their thoughts (and a copy of The Constitution fo reading material).

They, like all left wing twits, are scum.

Let's hope that Congressman DeMint follows through and all their federal money gets yanked. Maybe code pinko will pony up some cash for their parking space.

Oh...in case anyone wants to send some love to Berkely....by all means, excercise your RIGHT to free speech....

You can let these elected twits...errrr, individuals, know that, even though you may be far away, you still care enough to demand federal funds be removed from their areas, will boycott and oppose anything their city might be doing or supporting, and will be sending money or support to various causes that are against anything these dipshiites might be advocating.

I'm sure they'll love to get your mail.

So would your congresscritter and Senator, I'm sure.

Finally, sign the petition, here:

http://www.moveamericaforward.com/

Make sure all your friends get their information as well. That way, they can excercise THEIR constitutional rights, too.

Contact info:
    Mayor - Tom Bates
    2180 Milvia Street, Berkeley, CA 94704
    Email: mayor@ci.berkeley.ca.us
    TEL: (510) 981-7100
    FAX: (510) 981-7199
    TDD: (510) 981-6903
    Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
    ====================
    CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS
    ====================
    Linda Maio
    Phone: (510) 981-7110
    FAX: (510) 981-7111
    Email: lmaio@ci.berkeley.ca.us

Darryl Moore
    Phone: (510) 981-7120
    Email: dmoore@ci.berkeley.ca.us

Maxwell Anderson
    Phone: (510) 981-7130
    Email: manderson@ci.berkeley.ca.us

Dona Spring
    Phone: (510) 981-7140
    Email: spring@ci.berkeley.ca.us

Laurie Capitelli
    Phone: (510) 981-7150
    Email: lcapitelli@ci.berkeley.ca.us

Betty Olds
    Phone: (510) 981-7160
    Email: olds@ci.berkeley.ca.us

Kriss Worthington
    Phone: (510) 981-7170
    Email: kworthington@ci.berkeley.ca.us

Gordon Wozniak
    Phone: (510) 981-7180
    Email: GWozniak@ci.berkeley.ca.us

City Auditor
    Ann Marie
    TEL: (510) 981-6750, TDD: (510) 981-6903
    Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
    Email: auditor@ci.berkeley.ca.us

Seems an apology occurred in this debacle. My apologies if this is a repost, my computer has been messing up my features on what is new/open.

Looks like some serious money was going to do some walking.....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329866,00.html

Thread Information