Shipping 20080714 - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    86 days left poolees...I ship out the same date also just to PI.

I never counted by days why did you have to tell me.lol

Right now I'm set to ship 0721 but I'm trying to push it up to the 14th so I can go with two of my buddies. One is doing something with aviation and the other has been trying to get Infantry. I've got a UZ contract (yes I'm a recon wannabe). I'll be happy with Infantry though. I hope I can get my date moved up.

I don't think you can do a buddy program if you're already in contract. I tried to do the same thing with an aircrew hopeful that leaves a week before me and the office gunny told me there was no way because both of us had already DEPped.

Besides, according to my recruiters, buddy programs never work out. They are yet to have one with both recruits make it through boot, SOI/MCT and job school. One of them 9/10 wusses out.

how do you turn 18 on your boot grad date? I thought you had to be 18 before you shipped out? Is this different if youre reserves?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My Boot Camp Grad date is 20081003 and I dont turn 18 untill 20081211 and I am going in Active Duty. So, no you do not have to be 18 before you ship out.

well damn that's cool. I didn't know you could do that!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    lol, yea. A Marine at 17....it is pretty cool but, I know that'll get me picked on when I'm in the Fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissStretch
    lol, yea. A Marine at 17....it is pretty cool but, I
    know that'll get me picked on when I'm in the Fleet.

Yeah but you'll be 18 by the time you hit the fleet. After boot you still have MCT and your MOS school.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's true but I'll be freshly turned 18....I finish my MOS school at the end of December and I turn 18 at the begining of the month....I'll be a real, live youngin'

Thread Information