Parris Island Corpsman
Create Post

Parris Island Corpsman

So at one point on PI got cellulitus and went to see the Corpsman, while getting examined I had a particularly funny Corpsman who said at one point "So I heard throught the grapevine that you are a mommas boy" at which point I quickly snapped back "No sir, had this recruit been a mammas boy he'd have joined the Navy." He laughed it off, and the next day I had to return for a culture and blood work. Upon my return the next day I have a different Corpsman who I had never met before and he looks at the sheet and says "So you are Recruit Kirby....hmmmm....so uhm the navy is for mammas boys, well lets see how much a man you are." He then found the biggest needle the base had and extracted my blood with it, while he was doing that a drill instructor happened by and the Corpsman called him in and said "This recruit said the navy is for mammas boys" the drill instructor looked at him looked at me and then said "That recruit knows his knowledge." and then walked out of the room. The Corpsman though knew I meant it in fun and not spite but never let me live down that comment whenever they saw me.

You know that there are a few people you don't pi$$ off, one is a Corpsman.lol Because a missing shot record can deal you alot of pain, so I have heard. lol

Credits
    Savings
    Primary Directives
    Don't p off a corsman
    Don't ever lose shot records

They werent ****ed it was all more in good fun than anything else, I actually became pretty good friends with one of the corpsman while down there.

LCpl,

You are living the "crazy life". Your call, but these folks are on our side.....my advice, treat 'em nice.

At least it was taken in stride...

Its good to joke with the Doc and be friends but that man is to be treated like his weight in gold!!! Thats what we're tellin ya!! He's the guy thats gonna train with you and treat your injuries when you get hurt, he's also the guy who's gonna go above and beyond to save your life should you ever need it...be good to that man!!

Like the Corpsman that you are talking about at P.I. I'm only funnin you son, but like your fellow Marines are telling you, we will take care of our Marines no matter what, so develop a good working relationship with your Corpsman and you will not have to worry who will be there when the time arrives.

Corpsman God's gift to the Marine Corps

Question, Do Our Devil Docs. Still Carry Around That Little Pill That Was A Nice Thing To Take After A Night On The Town At Port? It Only Worked If You Had Taken It After A Few Hrs Of Fun? Ha Ha Man, The Line Was Full In Spain.

Haha I take care of my Corpsman

Thread Information