New Marine Commercial! - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Outstanding, simple and very powerfull.

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    Outstanding, simple and very powerfull.
    Damn right Sgt. I thought it was pretty good...can't believe some of you don't like it!

I like the old one better. I like the action it had with the Recon guys and such. This one is pretty cool though.

just gave me chills...all those Marines lined up on the beach in san francisco...amazing.

Out freakin standing! I got the chills, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TSchultz
    I can see it now... The Packers just scored their 8th touchdown against the Patriots in the first quarter, and then the commercials break and the new Marine Corps commercial comes on... it's beautiful.
    Not gonna happen i predict maybe 2 touchdowns by the packers and 3 ints by farv. He sucks under pressure and the pats defense is gonna be inside the wire everyplay.

And what did Truman say? "The Marine Corps is the Navy's police force and as long as I am President that is what it will remain. They have a propaganda machine that is almost equal to Stalin's." He was amry arty i velieve and he hated us.

Good stuff!

There is only one commercial that I will consider watching and that is the GEICO one with the GECKO. All others are just commercials and are mostly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by kelley26
    On Jan. 16th a new Marine commercial comes out, its called "America's Marines". Check out this link to see a sneak preview of the new Marine commercial: http://our.marines.com/cms_content/s..._id/167/id/821

Also my recruiters also told me there is going to be a Marine commercial for the Super Bowl this year. Needless to say I'm watching the super bowl! Well, just figured I would drop some good news by just incase you Marines and Poolees out there have not heard about all of this new Marine commercial stuff!
    I saw this whole commercial last night, and sad to say I wouldn't put it in my top 5 overall for the Corps. It's nice to see all that fancy schmancy drill stuff but I wasn't moved, well maybe just a little.

Still better then any army/navy/air force commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine
    There is only one commercial that I will consider watching and that is the GEICO one with the GECKO. All others are just commercials and are mostly stupid.
    I LOVE THAT GECKO!!!

I can't stand that "gecko". I would like to shove that thing up some old *****s butt.

The commercial blows, I just hope this is a one time commercial and they don't try and turn this into a whole advertising campaign.

The quote in the ad is something along the lines of "They've fought for freedom in the past............ and they still do today"

Well instead of showing the silent drill team on the top of a friggen random mountain which is just dumb and makes absolutely no sense other than looking cool, how about showing a clip of Marines storming the beaches of Iwo Jima or raising the flag on Mount Suribachi, and then fading into a scene of Marines tearing down the Saddam statue in Baghdad?

Mabye they can use this as a recruiting tool for Marines to join the silent drill team, and the movements they're doing in the ad aren't even impressive and the "snap-pop" factor that makes drill what it is just doesn't exist in the ad.

The cinematography gets an A+

The rest of it gets an F.

Quote Originally Posted by Accord
    The cinematography gets an A+

The rest of it gets an F.
    Yeah, but you gotta think about the whole advertising aspect. People see the Silent Drill Platoon and think they're badass and then they see Marines storming beaches and think they're just killers. This snap and pop is the kind of thing that gets people interested. Or maybe they're trying to appeal to the mommys and daddys of future Marines out there. I know my mom would see the commercial and say "Well why don't you just get that job? It looks safe..." But just my thoughts...

I totally agree with accord.

I liked the commercial but I don't believe it represents what the Marine Corps really is at all. I think it was tailored so that it doesn't offend all the people in this country who are sensitive to what Marine's really do... fight wars.

And ZSKI, Favre is going to dominate the Patriots, no doubt in my mind.

Thread Information