Prayers for L/Cpl Maria Lauterbach - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    What ever the case a pregnant Marine is missing. Ask Divine Providence that all will end well.
    Weather UA or dead she deserves our support and prayers as ALL Marines serving and not do. The news this morning is saying they have found a body and think it might be hers. I pray it isn't but if it is I pray she is in a better place, and the one who took her life never sees the light of day again.

Credits
    Savings

What?????

[QUOTE=District Attorney Dewey Hudson said Friday night that under North Carolina law, the death of an unborn child cannot result in a murder charge. An infant has to be breathing for a death to be considered a murder. [/QUOTE]

How can they not say that this baby was not murdered?? Eight and a half months pregnant, and not considered a viable human being?? That makes not sense to me. This is a double murder in my book.

My thoughts and prayers go out to this young Marine and childs family at this most horrid time of their lives. Rest in Peace, Marine and young one, you'll not be forgotten.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Remains of adult and fetus found in Marine's yard

DAILY NEWS STAFF
    January 12, 2008 - 2:16PM

Investigators have found today the remains of an adult and a fetus that could be those of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach and the baby she was carrying when she disappeared in mid-December, Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said.

The discovery came on the second day of the excavation of a cavity in the Onslow County back yard of Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, and his wife, Christina S. Laurean. Lauterbach had accused Laurean of raping her in April.

A military protective order was issued against Laurean on behalf of Lauterbach in July, the Sheriff's Department, which meant he was supposed to stay away from her.

A nationwide search has begun for Cesar Laurean, 21, who is described as a white male, 5 feet 9 inches tall, with black hair and brown eyes. He weighs about 160 pounds. He drives a black 2004 quad cab Dodge pickup, license plate number TRR 1522.

Lauterbach was last heard from Dec. 14. She purchased a bus ticket Dec. 15 to El Paso, Texas, but never used the ticket. She was reported missing by her mother Dec. 19. She was in the last trimester of a pregnancy.

Other information that surfaced to day was that Lauterbach left a note for her roommate saying she was "going away" and apologized for "the inconvenience," said Lt. Col. Curtis Hill, a Marine spokesman.

After Lauterbach failed to report to work Dec. 17, Hill said her superiors starting asking questions about where she was. Marines called her home phone and cell phone, as well as sent Marines to her house to find her.

"At that time, there was no reason to believe anything other than she had voluntarily placed herself in Unauthorized Absence status," Hill said.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper
    Remains of adult and fetus found in Marine's yard

DAILY NEWS STAFF
    January 12, 2008 - 2:16PM

Investigators have found today the remains of an adult and a fetus that could be those of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach and the baby she was carrying when she disappeared in mid-December, Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said.

The discovery came on the second day of the excavation of a cavity in the Onslow County back yard of Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, and his wife, Christina S. Laurean. Lauterbach had accused Laurean of raping her in April.

A military protective order was issued against Laurean on behalf of Lauterbach in July, the Sheriff's Department, which meant he was supposed to stay away from her.

A nationwide search has begun for Cesar Laurean, 21, who is described as a white male, 5 feet 9 inches tall, with black hair and brown eyes. He weighs about 160 pounds. He drives a black 2004 quad cab Dodge pickup, license plate number TRR 1522.

Lauterbach was last heard from Dec. 14. She purchased a bus ticket Dec. 15 to El Paso, Texas, but never used the ticket. She was reported missing by her mother Dec. 19. She was in the last trimester of a pregnancy.

Other information that surfaced to day was that Lauterbach left a note for her roommate saying she was "going away" and apologized for "the inconvenience," said Lt. Col. Curtis Hill, a Marine spokesman.

After Lauterbach failed to report to work Dec. 17, Hill said her superiors starting asking questions about where she was. Marines called her home phone and cell phone, as well as sent Marines to her house to find her.

"At that time, there was no reason to believe anything other than she had voluntarily placed herself in Unauthorized Absence status," Hill said.
    Rest in Peace Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach. Semper Fi

sheriff saying he saw the burned remains of the fetus with the little fingers burned and off the arm....very perturbing. It's one thing to kill someone, but you dont kill someone that is that far pregnant, that poor baby didnt even get a chance to experience this world, and did nothing worng. Wish I could get the chance to find this ****er before cops did, I'd put him in a shallow grave and burn him alive.....

Amen to that. Hangin is too good for this scumball.

Quote Originally Posted by Breno Radici
    sheriff saying he saw the burned remains of the fetus with the little fingers burned and off the arm....very perturbing. It's one thing to kill someone, but you dont kill someone that is that far pregnant, that poor baby didnt even get a chance to experience this world, and did nothing worng. Wish I could get the chance to find this ****er before cops did, I'd put him in a shallow grave and burn him alive.....
    It's depresssing to know a Marine could do this to a fellow Marine let alone a woman. When I was in, it was pounded into our heads that you "always" showed a woman respect. She was not only a woman but a woman with child. In my book if he killed her. And by the way, he was married, he deseves no mercy. I would also wander if his wife was invovled.

he better hope he makes it to whatever counrty he is going to quick, his time is limited in the U.S. I give him another week tops regardless. And yes it should be a double murder, scumbag will probably avoid death penalty too. Then he's just going to relax the rest of his life in jail, watching tv and getting 3 hot meals a day.

this scumbag needs to die the same way she did. this ass doesnt deserve to wear my uniform anymore.

Semper Fi Marine. May you and your child rest in peace. Semper Fi.

Prayers for L/Cpl Maria Lauterbach

Well, needless to say, this situation hasn't turned for the better for anyone except for our maker, who has welcomed 2 of his children back. I spent a dreadful couple of years at Lejeune and know that the base and the local community are hand in hand.

So it ****es me off when the media is reporting that the sheriff or the base are off key in their press confencess... DUH YOU IDIOTS!!!! Try working under that spotlight. They are humans ans deserve all the respect and trust we can share.

now I know that we Marines can take life at a moments notice when the need arises, but I didnt think it possible for one to turn against our own, no matter what the problems were, now that our Maker has taken his Children home, I can only hope and pray that he sends that no good for nothing bastard and throws him when he belongs.......Burning in Hell!! Prayers from Colorado to her family. Semper Fi Marine.

so sad.... I'm still speechless.

I wonder what role, if any, his wife played in this, especially if there is as much evidence in the house as the police are saying. Although he's probably killed himself by now, I hope they find him alive. At least then there is a chance of getting answers about what happened.

I can only imagine how hard this is on her family.

Rest In Peace, Sister and child! Although you were taken too soon, we know you are in a better place!

Question wothless

I am not a god believing man, but I hpe he rots in hell. If you all know, about a year ago, there was a double murder in jacksonville as well, it was one marine killing another marine and her partner. I thought we were brothers in arms, it doesnt seems so anymore. It's pretty sad that you are raised thinking the person next to you will save your life. Obviously this is not the case. One thing I regret is that I did not meet Maria Lauterbach, because if I did, I could have given her a safe home with myself and wife where she could have learned to raise a child, and this whole ordeal would not have happened. SO needless to say, if there are any Marines in the Camp Lejeune area that are in the same situation the Maria was in, please contact me. I have had 3 children and I can help you if you are scared or afraid for any reason. Bless Maria and her child, we will all see you again somewhere....

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Laurean faces murder charge

JENNIFER HLAD & LINDELL KAY
    January 13, 2008 - 1:18AM
    DAILY NEWS STAFF
    The nationwide manhunt has intensified for Cpl. Cesar Laurean, who faces first-degree murder charges in the death of 20-year-old Lance Cpl. Maria Frances Lauterbach.

Lauterbach reported to military authorities that Laurean had sexually assaulted her in April, and authorities say she was pregnant with his child.

Laurean, 21, has been charged with murder, financial card fraud and obtaining property by false pretense, according to warrants at the Onslow County Magistrate's Office.

He is described as a white male, 5 feet 9 inches tall, with black hair and brown eyes. He weighs about 160 pounds. He drives a black 2004 quad cab Dodge pickup, North Carolina license plate number TRR 1522.

Arrest warrants were issued after investigators made a gruesome discovery on the second day of searching Laurean's back yard: the charred body of an adult female and a fetus buried in a shallow grave.

Though officials have not conclusively identified the bodies, "there is compelling evidence that the bodies of Lauterbach and her, what appears to be unborn child, were recovered this morning, buried in the back yard of (Laurean's home)," said Onslow County District Attorney Dewey Hudson.

It was under a dreary rain and an overcast sky that deputies and agents from the State Bureau of Investigation sifted through the ashes and soil. Dr. Charles Garrett, Onslow County Medical Examiner, said "definite human remains" were found six inches to a foot below ground. He said the remains would be sent to the state Medical Examiners Office to determine the cause of death.

The remains were removed about 2 p.m. and taken to Onslow Memorial Hospital.

Sheriff Ed Brown said he could see the fetus' hand - which he described as the size of his own thumb - with the fingers curled. He also said it appeared an excessive amount of accelerant was used to burn the two bodies.

"One of the things that will probably stick with me for a long time, and forever, is that little hand, the way those fingers were turned, that had been burned off the arm," he said in a press conference Saturday afternoon. "That is bizarre. That is tragic. And it's disgusting."

Hudson said killing an unborn child is not murder under North Carolina law.

Lauterbach was eight-and-a-half months pregnant when she disappeared in December. She last spoke to family on Dec. 14 and made an automatic teller machine withdrawal for an unspecified amount. Brown said Lauterbach's bank card was recovered Saturday in North Carolina. It had been used to withdraw money on Dec. 24.

Dec. 15, she bought a bus ticket to El Paso, Texas, but never used it.

Detectives with the Sheriff's Department thought the anticipated birth of the baby "might provide evidentiary credence to charges she lodged with military authorities that she was sexually assaulted," according to an incident report attached to search warrants for Lauterbach's home and vehicle.

A Military Protective Order - similar to a restraining order - was issued in July that civilian investigators, including any for the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, were not made aware of by her command, Brown and Hudson both said during a press conference Saturday.

Sgt. Daniel Durham, a fellow Marine and Lauterbach's roommate at a house shared by others in Midway Park, told base officials Lauterbach was missing in December, according to court documents.

When Lauterbach did not show up for work Dec. 17, Marine officials called her home and her cell phone and sent Marines to look for her at her house, said Lt. Col. Curtis Hill, spokesman for II Marine Expeditionary Force.

Lauterbach had left a note for her roommate saying she was "going away" and apologized for "the inconvenience," Hill said.

Lauterbach's mother, Mary Lauterbach, who last spoke to her via telephone five days earlier, reported her missing Dec. 19.

The Sheriff's Department and NCIS said they had not been concerned Laurean would flee because they had information he and Lauterbach carried on a "friendly relationship" even after she reported the assault to military authorities.

Lauterbach's uncle, Peter Steiner, told The Associated Press his niece didn't have any kind of relationship with her attacker and that Lauterbach had been forced to rent a room off base because of harassment at Camp Lejeune.

"She was raped," Steiner said. "The Marines, unfortunately, did not protect her, and now she's dead."

On Friday, after talking to Laurean's wife - Christina S. Laurean - Brown announced Lauterbach was dead, and named Cesar Laurean as the key suspect.

Brown declined repeatedly to say whether he thought Christina Laurean, also a Marine, played a part in Lauterbach's death. He continued to call her "a cooperating witness."

Though Laurean had not been considered a flight risk, officials Friday said they believe he left town at 4 a.m. Friday. Rumors began circulating Friday that the Sheriff's Department had a note that Laurean's wife supplied a note to investigators saying that Lauterbach took her own life, but Brown said the note was too inconsistent with the facts in the case to be believed, and his investigators had already discredited several parts of the note.

"I can say this, that note is three-fourths wrong," Brown said.

In fact, just about the only factual thing in the note was that Lauterbach was dead, Brown said. The note claimed she killed herself and Cesar Laurean had only buried her, Brown said. The note also was wrong about where on the property the body was buried.

Investigators began searching the Laureans' house and yard at 103 Meadow Trail in the Half Moon community of Onslow County, slowing sifting through the dirt to find any evidence. Using a wire coat hanger as a kind of divining rod, Brown said he found the spot he described as a "suspicious cavity," and it contained burned human remains.

Friday night, investigators using the chemical agent Luminol found what Brown called massive amounts of blood in multiple areas of Laurean's home, suggesting a violent crime had taken place inside. It was obvious someone had tried to clean up the blood, Brown said, even painting over one area.

"The blood patterns were even up into the ceiling," he said.

State medical examiners will test the bodies to determine whether they are those of Lauterbach and her fetus, Hudson said.

But Brown stressed that the discovery of the bodies is not the last chapter in the case he has said will have "a bizarre ending."

"This investigation did not stop today when the body was removed," he said.

Daily News staff writer Suzanne Ulbrich and McClatchy Newspapers contributed to this report.

Contact police reporter Lindell Kay at lkay@freedomenc.com or 910-554-8534. Contact military reporter Jennifer Hlad at jhlad@freedomenc.com or 910-353-1171, ext. 8467.

Thread Information