Anyone wanting to become a Marine
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow Anyone wanting to become a Marine

After taking sometime to look through these forums I've discovered there are many people out there just like me who are wanting to join the USMC but have some serious weight to drop. Basically, I am looking for someone who is wanting to join the marines but needs to loose weight and get in shape. Sort of like a pal just so each of us can have someone to help keep us motivated and to remind each other of why we are doing this. basically like an on-line work out buddy. Anybody thats interested in making a new friend as well as having a budy there for you on your way to boot camp PM me or just leave a comment! Also any advie from anybody:marine,non marine, anyone to help us with any aspect on our road to boot camp I would truly appericiate it.

Thank you for all of your help

Hello

Hi there-my weight is just on the borderline...I'm 5'1" and weigh between 115-127.I usually wear between a 6-10..I love working out and I just made a resolution to do it everyday.

I mostly need to run (5 mi) and work on my abs.My arms are pretty cut but I'm always interested in new excercises.I have a lot of muscle that I need to tone desperately.I eat healthfully too and cut out as many sweets and soda and stuff to help.

That's a first: cut out all the unnecessary junk food.Don't ban it completely,but control it.Start eating a balanced diet on a regular basis-these are basics.Work out gently if you're not used to it at first-DON'T dive in and start working out furiously unless you want an injury....

I can't always be online and stuff,but if you want someone to work with you...sure,I could.I have studied a lot of human anatomy and am talented in the field of nutrition and stuff.I don't have a license,I just offer advice and use what I know.

I'm finishing the last of my hs classes and will ship out to PI in June,if I get driver's ed out my way.When do you plan to join the Corps?

I'd love to take you up on it but I'm busy,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by awade1019
    After taking sometime to look through these forums I've discovered there are many people out there just like me who are wanting to join the USMC but have some serious weight to drop. Basically, I am looking for someone who is wanting to join the marines but needs to loose weight and get in shape. Sort of like a pal just so each of us can have someone to help keep us motivated and to remind each other of why we are doing this. basically like an on-line work out buddy. Anybody thats interested in making a new friend as well as having a budy there for you on your way to boot camp PM me or just leave a comment! Also any advie from anybody:marine,non marine, anyone to help us with any aspect on our road to boot camp I would truly appericiate it.

Thank you for all of your help
    I have some friendly advice for you,,,

You must be kidding me? Do you think an on-frickin-line workout buddy is going to help you? Do you think this is RichardSimmons dot com? Do you really expect that reading a post, or chatting online with some poolee/wannabe while your sitting on your azz eatin potato chips is going to motivate you? Man this country is doomed. You can't just look in the mirror and be motivated to make some changes? It's a grand idea that you have here but it's not that simple or easy and if it was that easy then when you're done why don't you write a book, better yet why don't you just get outside right now and run. Hurry up I said run....faster now.

You say I want to join the USMC,,, blah,blah,blah, sounds pretty romantic doesn't it? Get the tattoo, travel to foreign lands and screw beautiful women? Well come on son, get your rear end in gear; you want motivation doesn't the fact that you might someday be at USMC boot camp motivate you enough? Online workout buddy, man you got to be kidding me. Get off your azz in front of the computer so much, how's that for motivation?

Your welcome, I hope you truly appriciate it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Wookie

Richard Simmons...LOL Hey you motivated me all the way to, well I can't tell you to where. But great advice Marine. If I had done things this way back when I would never had gone to PI.

Semper FI Wookie

Hey-I'm not one to start fights,but I am going to say,that online workout buddies work out great.I'd like to see some of you Marines try it.It DOES work,whether you like it or not.Results may vary.

Don't poke fun of other wannabes-you might find yourself in the same predicatment.I know someone who is like that.He was in the Army though and he felt sorry for himself.Today he is extremely overweight but refuses help.

Its okay if someone wants to shape up for the Corps.You wait,and this young man will cross the finish line.He just needs some help.I am willing to provide it.If you Marines ever needed that kind of help,I would gladly do the same for you.

You guys receive all my due honor and respect,but some of your comments were (I'm sorry) rude and inappropriate.I spend lots of time in front of my computer too-anyone wants to try me.I am addicted to it.

Yet I work out and am very capable of making my DI proud.I am fit and trim and all that.I'd like to see a show of brotherhood,sir.I'm not sure that your advice would ever come handy to me anytime soon.

I think ALL of us could spend a little less time on the Internet (including me and I'm working on that).

When you join the DEP you get a group of poolees to help motivate you if you need. Otherwise grind the work and use the great feeling afterward as motivation.

Also the comments are not to hurt, but they are to make you realize that the Marine Corps is only for those who are really motivated in doing it. If you want to lose the weight to join the Marines then you must prove to yourself and to the Drill Instructors that you really want it bad. Motivation is good when you feel you have exhausted yourself so much and someone is there to help you past that breaking point, but when it's an online workout partner I really cannot see that much motivation to come from it.

Your motivation should be to get the EGA -- not an online butt work out buddy.

These workouts are tough,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by GySgtRet
    Richard Simmons...LOL Hey you motivated me all the way to, well I can't tell you to where. But great advice Marine. If I had done things this way back when I would never had gone to PI.

Semper FI Wookie

I'm just trying to do my part Gunny! SF

And I changed my mind,,,I'll be your online workout buddy Adam, so now buddy get your azz outside and run, and while you're at it to make it more interesting pretend that I'm right beside you yelling, run Adam,,run. C'mon we can do it!

And just as critical as it is that you start doing some PT, you must also push away from the table, and from here on out when you go to eat that extra burger, put it down son; pretend again that I'm about to smack you upside your melon. And also Adam, permanently visualize me about to smack you upside your melon every time you grab a jelly donut, a candy bar, or 2 pac of Hostess Ho-Ho's (BTW, are they still allowed to call them Ho-Ho's or is that offensive to fat ho's?). Someday in the future you'll be ok, I'll save you. But first you must save yourself, get to running,,,,,,my online workout buddy. cha-cha-cha

OOooh we Ooh, off to the pit we go,,,OOooh we Ooh, off to the pit we go

HAHAAHAHA

Sounds like a great program Sgt.

Do you need a fireteam leader to assist??

HAHAHA!!!

ill be ur friend bro...im goin to boot camp on july 6th this year...my body is athletic built, but my run time is horrible for the IST...i make it in time, but i wanna shave off a minute or two

how u doin corparal???

Quote Originally Posted by GIJoesGirl
    Hey-I'm not one to start fights,but I am going to say,that online workout buddies work out great.I'd like to see some of you Marines try it.It DOES work,whether you like it or not.Results may vary.

Don't poke fun of other wannabes-you might find yourself in the same predicatment.I know someone who is like that.He was in the Army though and he felt sorry for himself.Today he is extremely overweight but refuses help.

Its okay if someone wants to shape up for the Corps.You wait,and this young man will cross the finish line.He just needs some help.I am willing to provide it.If you Marines ever needed that kind of help,I would gladly do the same for you.

You guys receive all my due honor and respect,but some of your comments were (I'm sorry) rude and inappropriate.I spend lots of time in front of my computer too-anyone wants to try me.I am addicted to it.

Yet I work out and am very capable of making my DI proud.I am fit and trim and all that.I'd like to see a show of brotherhood,sir.I'm not sure that your advice would ever come handy to me anytime soon.

I think ALL of us could spend a little less time on the Internet (including me and I'm working on that).
    Word to the wise, don't challenge those who have earned the title. Don't tell those who have earned the title what is or is not appropriate, and those who have earned the title probably aren't going to need a wannabee's help anytime soon. You think thewookie's advice was tough love? That wasn't scratching the surface. That was nowhere near the surface! The only way of making your Drill Instructor proud is by walking across that graduation deck a U.S Marine, so don't count your eggs yet.

Heed the Marine's advice!

Man I guess I just came across as some guy that got on here and was like hey I want to become a marine and hasnt done **** to earn itt. Weighing 490 when I left college ( yeah Im a fat ass) slowly working my way down to where Im at 380ish. I am not trying to catch yahs **** I dont need it. This time next year I AM going to be heading out to get my EGA and maybe even fight along side some of you. I am not asking for your pitty, but all Im looking for is a friends to maybe share workout tips or dieting tips or to even talk about the corps with. So thank you for those who are suportive and to those who arnt you dont know me, you do not know what I have done, and you do not obviosly know where I am going! So take this is you may, and I truly respect you all but I will be earning a title of Marine. and when I get in losing 250 lbs will make this accomplishment all the more better.

So again, Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GIJoesGirl

Are you ****ing serious?!? Tell me you are not ****ing serious! Tell me you're joking! Tell me!

While you're trying to rescue him, and helping Marines that "need" a poolees help PTing, let's throw him a pity party too. Make the arrangements, plenty of pity to go around.

Original poster, put feet to the pavement. There's a sticky here that has some good info for loosing weight. If you want it you have to go get it! None of that ^ femine pitty bull**** is going to make you drop 250lbs!

Thread Information