A Friend with a charges pending
Create Post

Question A Friend with a charges pending

I have a friend with charges pending that is in the marines and he is a cpl and is wondering if and when he goes to court and they convict him will he be able to stay in the marines with a felony. This is assuming ofcourse that he gets probation or something other than jail time. He used a stolen credit card and got cought.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OK, OK. This is the Drifters Place. Since it aint my place, I won't speak of grammar, spelling, caps on Marines, felons, Or posers. BUT WTF.

Exclamation Let me tell you something!

I have a friend that's going through a freaking crisis right now I'm sorry If my post did'nt meet your punctual needs!

q
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    OK, OK. This is the Drifters Place. Since it aint my place, I won't speak of grammar, spelling, caps on Marines, felons, Or posers. BUT WTF.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Theft and fraud? He's screwed. I hear tale that if he can afford a civilian lawyer, usually retired JAG types, he can make some progress.

The UCMJ is harsh for anyone crossing the line.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    He made decisions that he is being held accountable for. That is what grown up do. Make the right decisions and your set for life.

He made bad choices and shortcuts, and got caught in bad things. If you want to be a real friend, talk and understand why he thought it necessary to steal and defraud. He'll still go to jail but you can maybe help him rebuild his character. Otherwise get the hell away from him fast.

As you can see, we here online see guilt by association. You don't think NIS is looking at who he pals around with?

And Yes if he is convicted and gets probation he might get to stay but he would be in a **** load of trouble in the Marines oh and yes the Marines can also charge him with miss conduct of a NCO.
    If you are thinking of joining then I would just back away fast

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntledevil
    I have a friend that's going through a freaking crisis right now I'm sorry If my post did'nt meet your punctual needs!

q
    Oh well. What exactly do you hope to do for him? He needs a lawyer, not a hysterical friend trying to get legal advice out of bunch of NCOs who have little to no sympathy for a stolen credit card using corporal.

I'll give you some free legal advice for him: Plead guilty on the nose to the principle charge and hope the judge doesn't give him jail time.

Of course that will be the last time he takes legal advice from a retired cop.

Thread Information