Who is shipping to SD on 20080107?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who is shipping to SD on 20080107?

***Sorry about the other to threads, both were screwed up. I have no brain today. I requested they be deleted by a mod(thedrifter)***And yes I know I screwed up my name.***

Anyway, who is shipping on the 7th and what are your names? Maybe we will meet!

(soon to be) Recruit Erickson
    Anyone leaving from Milwaukee?

Yeah ill be there man. My last names Lazoritz. See ya there!
    By the way, which part of Milwaukee do you live in? I used to live in Brookfied a few years back

You guys will probably do Field Week in Feburary. Yup, you'll go up north to Camp Pendleton then. It'll be the coldest time of the year for that area. Have fun crawling out of your bivy sacs for weapons count, you'll know when you get there.

we both haved lived in wisconsin, i think we can handle it haha

Im shipping on the 7th from Baltimore MEPS. Last name is Shaver if your ever see me on the island. One of my recruiters told me that I'll be 2nd Battalion, Golf Company.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Any of you poolees that want moto mail from me (ask Zackmerc). PM me and I will send you my address. Nothing like a letter from someone during mail call!

Dave

Actually I live in the Northern most part of Wisconsin, but am shipping from Milwaukee MEPS. I can handle cold, especially California 'cold'.

Anyone else?

me is shipping then. I'm pretty nervous, but I hope once i go through it I'll know it was for no good reason. I just know I cant come back without being a Marine.

I know what you mean, I don't want to leave my g/f for 3 months, but I have to do this. For my family, for my g/f, for the coaches and people who helped make me who I am today, and most importantly, MYSELF.

I will be come a United States Marine.

Once we GET there, I'm sure our minds will change quickly from nervous, to wanting to do everything to the best of our abilities, forgetting about missing everyone as much as possible, and making them proud. Becoming a better person, and a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz
    No, this is something completely different. You'll be in warm sunny San Diego for a month and acclimatize there. San Diego has some NICE weather. But once you hit Camp Pendleton, you will freeze. Camp Pendleton has nice weather during the day but at night, the mountain chill sets in along with the ocean breeze.

No, they don't let you wear sweaters or any kind of warming layers. You'll have to be sneaky with that. If you get caught, remember Incentive (intensive) Training.

Camp Lejeune and Parris Island is worse though.

I walk around in 15-20 degree weather with a Tshirt.

But I'll take your experienced words for it.

My shipdate and MOS are still all good, so I too am heading down to MCRD SD on the 7th. I'm pretty excited, I'm eager to go and start the trip on my road to becoming a United States Marine. I'm confident in my ability to pass the IST once I get there, and I'm very happy with how high I was able to get my pull-ups before I ship.

I check MCRD SD's website and it looks like all shippers on the 7th will be in Lima Company, graduating April 4th.

Cant Wait! My IST scores are still pretty weak so im pretty nervous 1145 run 10 pullups and 78 situps :/ any of you Marines know how bad ill be struggling?

Quote Originally Posted by zackmerc
    No, this is something completely different. You'll be in warm sunny San Diego for a month and acclimatize there. San Diego has some NICE weather. But once you hit Camp Pendleton, you will freeze. Camp Pendleton has nice weather during the day but at night, the mountain chill sets in along with the ocean breeze.

No, they don't let you wear sweaters or any kind of warming layers. You'll have to be sneaky with that. If you get caught, remember Incentive (intensive) Training.

Camp Lejeune and Parris Island is worse though.
    Do you go to Pendleton for rifle training or something? I thought SOI was at Pendleton, it should be a little warmer by then, hopefully, cause I hate the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz
    yea i know what you mean. i live in ohio..cold..would freeze hell over. But good luck to all of you shipping. I get the island.. 100+ degrees with 100% humiditiy. and i get june - sep. should be just a blast

Thread Information