I made a boo boo
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down I made a boo boo

Okay so at MEPS I forgot to mention (honestly) that I was on riddlin for a year when I was 5 years old. It was so long ago I forgot I was even on it. It wasn't until I was surfing around on leatherneck.com that I read a story about someone being on riddlin and remembered that I was once on it. Should I mention it? Seriously. I don't want to get DQ or busted later down the road. It was so many years ago though, who knows. I asked my mom about what doctor prescribed it and she says she doesn't even know where to get the records showing I was once on them.

Help me Marines. Please.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Shhhhhhhh,,,,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Now you've gone and done it..................you have to make confession EVERY day for 10 days and say five "hail Mary"s each day.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't forget to write a 'Dear Chili'

wtf kind of parents put a 5 year old on meds?
    your parents are dips wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider
    Does your recruiter know about it?

NOPE!

I'll send you my answer in a PM.

thanks, I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2
    wtf kind of parents put a 5 year old on meds?
    your parents are dips wisconsin.
    It was that period in time were the entire world thought energetic 5 year old boys were out of the norm. Silly me.

Who wants kids that wriggle and jiggle and giggle.... ???

They are harder to take pictures of for the portrait.

I have a 3 yo and 2 yo and these types of over medication just tick me off....

I am sure they did what they thought was best...but, please! Your parents should have to go to MEPS and explain it, not you!

I am sure the Lt. has the scoop for you.....

it will be a cold day in HELL before I put my 4 year old or my 1 year old (no matter WHAT their ages are) on any meds for being hyper...

I believe in the Bible...spare the rod, spoil the child.
    Love them, talk to them, help them understand...spank the sh*t outta them.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I made a boo boo

Well Yogi!

You need to inform your recruiter as soon as possible. Honesty is the best policy! a waiver may be needed,however you will go in and leave with a clean slate and nothing ever looming or hanging over your head. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin007
    It was that period in time were the entire world thought energetic 5 year old boys were out of the norm...
    False. I had forgotten all bout it until i moved back to the city. Children from any era need activities mental or physical that wear young butts out. There were hyperactivity drugs available long before you were a child, it wasn't the answer then it isn't now or in '93 when you were 5...I had a wrestling room full of 6 to 12 year old rompers. We dogged these youngsters five days a week, tournaments on saturdays. Parents new too the program were amazed at how well behaved and pleasent the little 'old salts' were, you could actually converse and reason with them and if they didn't already know it they soon realized medication was not a substitute for work. Most parents were aware of this but opted to use cartoons and video games as babysitters, some used drugs. Every hyper child with all the alphabet attention disorders who stuck with our program for more than a few weeks morphed into a little human being.

Some head shrinkers know the benefits of mano y mano competiton and drilling double leg takedowns but its easier to prescribe drugs.

--->Dave

Wisconsin, is your name really Anthony Swofford?
    That name sounds familiar, too familiar. HAve you ever read the book Jarhead? Seen the movie?

Thread Information