Dress Blues
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dress Blues

Dress Blues

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but I just wanted to say that they are know giving dress blues out with the uniforms that you recieve in boot. Our series were the first to have them standard isssued to us. So yes we are know recieving dress blues in boot.

About time this change was implemented.

A Marine without dress blues is like a ship without Marines..... and a coat without buttons.....and a horse without a carriage...and all those analogies.

I saw a couple Privates home on RA at the mall the other day. Their blues (they were only wearing the pants) didn't look as nice as the others I have seen. Are the ones they issue as nice as the other ones? Maybe they just didn't look as nice w/o the Blood Stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by fs19
    I saw a couple Privates home on RA at the mall the other day. Their blues (they were only wearing the pants) didn't look as nice as the others I have seen. Are the ones they issue as nice as the other ones? Maybe they just didn't look as nice w/o the Blood Stripe.
    I think they look sharper when you wear a shirt, a blouse and some shoes....

Dress Blues are normally tailored to 1/2" play in the chest and mostly form fitted around. However, dress blues from Boot are fitted like alphas because it is expected that the recruit is likely to gain some weight back after being home those 4 days.

So the blues you see on a Marine just home from Boot will probably not look as sharp as the Blues you see on a Marine who has several years in the fleet and has further tailored his blues to fit him.

Also, bloodstripe is for NCO and Officers. You're never going to see it on a boot. And that's the way it should be.

Also Tooks, good to see you back here on the boards.

You'll probably never know how many people were keeping tabs on you while you were there. You did good. Congrats.

Thank you Lt., that makes alot of sense. I did know that the bloodstripe was only for Officers and NCOs only, I'm just used to seeing it because the Marines that I'm around the most are the Recruiters at my RSS and they are all E-5 or above. Thanks agin for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrowei
    ....the recruit is likely to gain some weight back after being home those 4 days.
    Geez... I meant 10 days! Plus whatever PTAD they can scam outta their RS! Ha!

I know I scammed like 60 days worth in about 2 years. And they gave me 2 NUCs for it too! ... Suckers

Quote Originally Posted by fs19
    Thank you Lt., that makes alot of sense. I did know that the bloodstripe was only for Officers and NCOs only, I'm just used to seeing it because the Marines that I'm around the most are the Recruiters at my RSS and they are all E-5 or above. Thanks agin for the explanation.
    No, You earn the Blood Stripe as a Cpl.! If you get Cpl. in your enlisted 4 yrs or whatever you will earn the Blood Stripe...so don't freak out.

Non Commissioned officers (E-4) Corporal and Above abnd Commissioned officers....

Quote Originally Posted by kelley26
    No, You earn the Blood Stripe as a Cpl.! If you get Cpl. in your enlisted 4 yrs or whatever you will earn the Blood Stripe...so don't freak out.
    Who's freaking out...???

Also, another point on this one, Marine NonCommissioned officers are NEVER addressed as an "E-4" or whatever. It's always by title "Corporal", "Sergeant" or whatever it is.

I think that it would look outstanding if WM's wore just the pants.

Man, did THIS thread go south fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    I think that it would look outstanding if WM's wore just the pants.
    I am with ya on that. What does Marine84 think about it???

Thread Information