You're not going to believe me...
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You're not going to believe me...

but boot camp is by far the easiest thing you will ever do in the Marine Corps (might be different for MOS's other than 03) so believe me when I tell you to quit worrying about boot camp! ITS EASY!! but enjoy

Thats a misleading statement Pool'ees. It's not easy, i'm very familiar with hard work in many shapes and forms and boot camp is right up there. Its never been EASY. hawks is the only Marine i have ever heard say that since i was aware a Marine Corps existed. You might wanna back off that pipe, stud.

--->Dave

As far as physical demands I agree with him. The PT runs at MCRD were a cakewalk compared to what we did in comm school and in the fleet.

Vietnam made bootcamp easy. Combat is by far the hardst thing will ever do. Next thing is bootcamp. Don't let anybody ****e you about that. Bootcamp prepairs you for combat.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bootcamp is easy now???? Can I sign up? Sh!t boy, didn't you wake up with a head covered in blood, or a self inflicted bayonet sticking out of some chest, or some recruit doing a second floor swan dive? Boot has changed.

Bros, Am I gettin pizzed, or what? Sorry for that.

Quote Originally Posted by hawks
    but boot camp is by far the easiest thing you will ever do in the Marine Corps (might be different for MOS's other than 03) so believe me when I tell you to quit worrying about boot camp! ITS EASY!! but enjoy
    I've heard many things about bootcamp but I never, ever, heard it was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie
    Bros, Am I gettin pizzed, or what?
    hehe well your memory is sound. We started shining brass with 'Never Dull' after recruits attempted to cash in by drinking the Brasso. As i vividly recall the 3 mile runs, confidence course, circuit course, these were tolerable for a high school athlete. It was the clock work like thrashings always looming and hair triggered by the slightest mistake. Sand pits, Incentive Training on the privacy of the 1/4 deck -subject to the D.I.'s current disposition- this was dreadfull and made every swinging dick tense and walleyed at the thought of it, nobody was immune and thats effective. Combine ALL the above with classes, drill et al and 16 to 18 hour days and its double tough. I've since on many occasions worked so hard and long i couldn't sleep. But it has not allowed me too slight the boot camp experience.

--->Dave

I'll agree. Physically, you might not get tired or worn down. Mentally, the drill instructors and their games might not get to you. It all depends on the type of person you are. Me, I got bored really easily so boredom was my worst enemy at boot camp.

Hey Marines...you want to hear something retarded? One of my Marines that just graduated boot camp and is on boot leave reports that recruits are no longer allowed to yell "KILL." Instead they must substitute the word "DRILL" into their everyday practice.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider
    recruits are no longer allowed to yell "KILL." Instead they must substitute the word "DRILL" into their everyday practice.
    Clutch the pearls!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks
    Well the truth is finally out, Boot Camp is easy! There someone finally said it! Out of 232 years of training Marines this has been the best kept secret, until now! Out of 1000 Marines there is always one that's nuts and missed the boat, the other 999 are well trained Marines, which are you Hawks?

Easy My azz! You must have slept through the whole darn 12 weeks! How did you do that without getting caught? Were you and your DIs that close buddies? I know the Corps has changed over the years, but come on....EASY? Make me believe that!

No matter what comes in the Fleet, Boot camp is what prepares you for it, therefore Boot Camp is the hardest thing you will ever endure! PERIOD! NUFF SAID!

bootcamp was pretty easy, hell by the end of First Phase my D.I.'s were relaxing once in awhile..smokin n' jokin with us. except for the KillHat...that took awhile hahah

ETA:

"Bootcamp makes A Marine, the Fleet makes THE Marine"

Anyone in my company will tell you the same thing. During rifle qual week, my coach told me the exact same thing, its the easiest thing you will ever do in the Corps, and it is. You are GUARANTEED 8 hours of sleep, 3 meals a day. I dont know about anyone else, but infantry is definatly not guaranteed that. We just did the mojave viper and that stuff was hard. We're not guaranteed anything like that anymore. Look at some of the bottom 10% getting through boot camp now, its set up for achievement, not failure.

I'm not questioning the way things are done here, but some people make it seem like after earning the title, the credits roll. The first thing that comes to mind when thinking about the Marine Corps are Flag Raisers of Iwo Jima, or a young man in dress blues with that facial expression that I can't describe. The rigorous training doesn't come to mind at all.

if Marine Corps bootcamp is so easy,why does the Marine Corps stop at 40,000 and the army needs 120,000 a year? because there bootcamp doesn't weed out all non hackers...hell they get to use there cellphones and there internet while in boot! i am NOT lying,during bluephase they get 8 hours of internet usage and cell phones for calls home.

Bootcamp is supposed to replace the individual mentality and constitute a team mentality, my brother came back from bootcamp a changed man,my friend jack came back from bootcamp a changed man,I don't know any Marines who came out the same way they went in.

Thread Information