0341 (mortarman)
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

0341 (mortarman)

i hear they are doing alot more now days then blowing stuff up, is thisa true?

yes

I swore we were just talking on this thread last night. Where did it go? Hmmm

Mortars are still being used for indirect fire support in Iraq. However, because many insurgents and terrorists are not facing the Marines in open battle, mortars and artillery have become somewhat useless. That's why many 0341's have taken up the roles of 0311 to actually go in and root the bastards out. Most Arty guys are performing patrols and security duties because they aren't firing their howitzers.

ah i see thankyou zack, and Finger i have no idea where my other one whent lol

You don't want to be a Mortarman anyways...it's boring....I should know...I am one...

Quote Originally Posted by chili77bowl
    You don't want to be a Mortarman anyways...it's boring....I should know...I am one...
    how is it boring? i know theres alot of lifting but explain please

most of the time you don't get any rounds to shoot...so you just sit in the sun and run gun drills while everyone else is doing actual live fire...you hike a LOT of weight...and you really don't get to see the effects of your rounds (when you do get them)

Quote Originally Posted by chili77bowl
    most of the time you don't get any rounds to shoot...so you just sit in the sun and run gun drills while everyone else is doing actual live fire...you hike a LOT of weight...and you really don't get to see the effects of your rounds (when you do get them)
    so what mos would you recomend? i wanna see some action and blow some stuff up, lemme hear you're opinion please

Quote Originally Posted by wantfuture 0341
    so what mos would you recomend? i wanna see some action and blow some stuff up, lemme hear you're opinion please
    Well if you go 03 the marines will fill there need but if you can assaultmen?

Blowing **** up is up to the 0351, the Assaultman. He uses the SMAW, a rocket launcher. He also is responsible for using APOBS (mine-clearing devices), and making bombs out of C-4 charges. He is responsible for demolitions. They blow stuff up and do all that.

Engineers blow things up. EOD blows things up. Assaultmen are responsible for Anti-Tank weapons and in a pinch have a working knowledge of demo.

zackmerc, I assume that you are training to be a 0351 in SOI(w)... Let me tell you that once in the fleet, you will not get that much work with demo.

OOORAH engineers

Well from my experience with the mortarmen in my platoon they do know how to whip up some mean coffee. Always good in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilfrog
    Well from my experience with the mortarmen in my platoon they do know how to whip up some mean coffee. Always good in the field.
    Don't forget we can play some Spades.

Thread Information