Son Screwed Up - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Son Screwed Up

Gone are the days that a sargeant can more or less put his strips on the table for one of his best troopers. Gone are the days that a sargeant can make a trooper dig a "6x6x6" everyday after hours for 5 days. I think that is a shame.

Take a look at this site its for tatto removal www.wreckingbalm.com it might help.

Mornin guys,
    Well phantom here's the news that's fit to print.. My marine called yesterday and had some more news for me. He asked me if I remember him telling me about being "quarter decked" in basic , to which I replyed, yep seems like you had alot of that..lol..well, he was pleased to report that the first step to his punishment was to have his favorite sargeant quarter deck him for about 2 hours after which he said he joyfully puked his guts out , he said it had been awhile since doing that activity and he hoped he would never do it again, but alas, he's a momentary dumbass..lol. He also stated that his sargeant received great joy in doing it and let him know it, they have a bond and my son thinks the world of this man.
    His first sargeant isn't having him kicked out, but as expected he has several issues to deal with, all of which he's going to take as it comes, he will go in front of a board for a NJP and he may or maynot get it depending on what they feel, but he's confident it's coming,now all men in his position who haven't yet made this type of stupid decision should really think about this hard, he will loose rank, which he just got a week ago, he will loose almost all of his pay for two months, he will be restricted to base, he will do extra duties (whatever goodies they can come up with) and you all know it won't be fun and it's yet to be decided if he can still come home tomorrow on his previously granted leave, and if he gets to come home at all it will be on a high risk leave and he will have to call his sargeant every day that he is home, so really , is a tat worth all this???? I think not. He stated that they can do as much as they like with him as long as he gets to stay, I think that more young men and poolees should read all of this to fully understand that rules are rules and even if you think your smarter than some you always pay in the end for stupid decisions, it's a part of growing up but why take this route if you don't have to.
    I don't think that these young men really know what will happen to them if they do as they like instead of what they are meant to do, the issue isn't tats or drinking or drugs or any of that, it's rules and orders, and after a week of stress and concern over his future he has learned the hard way that nothing is worth what he's going through now, this has taught him a great deal and the more we talk the more I see the man coming out and the young know it all boy leaving.
    This has been to say the least a rough time for good ole mom, but if it helps make him a better man with higher morals and standards, then it's all been worth it. Even though I would love to see him tomorrow , I don't expect it and that will be hard but I know it's for the best, you have to learn to pay for your decisions.
    Talking with all of you helps a great deal, we here on the outside don't fully understand the life you lead, maybe we never will. But I respect all of you more than you know, so again, thank you for all your input and God bless you and keep you all safe and well during the upcoming holidays and always.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Anticipation...sucks!

The First Sergeant,Platoon Commander,Platoon Sergeant,Squad Leader(Favorite Sergeant) will make recommendations to the Commanding Officer before calling your son in to report to the CO for NJP. As in any court proceeding the CO is the judge or the magistrate...so to speak he will listen to all,then your son and then make his decision.He can accept,reduce or increase the recommendations.

It sounds like and I maybe wrong....due to the PT'ing that they (Command) are trying to scare your son straight. He just picked up LCPL a week ago and his pay hasn't had time to take effect on the Unit Diary.

He may receive all the above punishment...but it seems like the command is doing it's best to work with this young man. Hopefully,it is like I am saying and they will do something but maybe not all.

I worked with and lead young Marines that had momentary brain farts but,were squared away in every other aspect of Marine Corps life. The recommendations of the above have a lot of sweat impact and the delay tactic could be logistical or giving the young man time to think of his infraction. From what I read it looks like it's working.

Again hope all goes well! And may the spirit of Christmas be with the Company First Sergeant instead of the Grinch of Christmas past!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

logans105

If I may add to what Phantom has stated. It is not all or non in these cases. The platoon Sgt and all other with the aspect of good order and discipline are involved. Your son may be made an example of what not to do but according to what you have provided I doubt that he will be made the example he a very strong Sgt and it may turn out that all senences are executed but not vacated, this means that he has to walk the line for a specific time frame and may not loose anyhting. The command authority is final and cannot be disputed. Your son like any Marine will have 15 days to appeal the Commanding Officer's descision. It seems to the Marines here on the forum that your son is getting a fair shake and will be all the better for it. If I were the 1st Sgt I would not want to risk your son going home, on ther otherhand he wants things to remain in harmony with all of the Marines in the command so it is going to be a tossup. I would see the potential in your son and for go going on leave and liberty myself if it would make a change for the better, but that is just what this old Gunny would do. Phantom I always welcome your comments bro, lay it on me.

Semper Fi

The two above comments are totally true. The Sgt wouldn't have even messed with the PTing or ITing (whatever they want to call it) if they had plans on NJPing him too. I can't speak for them though, every command is completely different. It does sound like they are trying to scare him, and that they think he is a good Marine. If he had already had a bad record, they wouldn't waste any time whatsoever in charging him. Nobody likes a sh**bag Marine, they like to make examples out of them every chance they get. Good luck, and tell your son to stay on the down low for awhile.

I see almost everyday those 10%/or a sh**bag Marine, on Lejuene Blvd in their orange jumpsuit cleaning up the medium....

Ellie

Oh yeah, the CCU Marines. (Corrective Custody Unit) I think. They look like real winners with their jumpsuits and bloused boots huh....ha. Wouldn't that be a waste though, still having to follow the Marine Corps rules for the most part, but never getting promoted, never getting anything and then getting discharged with what is equal to a felony conviction. No thanks.

I love it

I love a Happy ending ---Merry -Xmas

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Gunny I would do the same if.......it was not the Christmas holidays. If this young Marine is deemed worthy they might still give him his leave. Not to sound harsh but if was not this time of year my recommendation would be the restriction and that would make null the leave.

In the past I used the scare tactics and it worked and I had a PFC get meritorious LCPL and CPL under my wing and go to be Marine of the Month and Quarter. It does work and have benefits. The thing is not take the SGT or command for granted. Keep a level head,a stiff lip, and a squared away appearance,attitude and performance.

Yes Sgt,Yes 1st Sgt,How high sir....want me to go higher! At least until the probation period is off and then still maintain the squareded away position.

I honestly wish the young man well! But whatever happens ...orders are to followed!

This young mans Sgt. has had a real good talk with the 1stSgt. and has recamened what ever he gets and I will bet on that.

I miss the days of running young men up very big hills until I get tired...or they get my point. (or both).

Sounds like a good Sgt and he will be a great advocate for your son, based on what you wrote if it comes to NJP.

Good luck to him...and you.

Remember, the rules are getting stricter...not easier. Right or wrong, that is how the chips fall.

Please let us know, ma'am, what the final outcome is.

Also, I agree, if he had the guts puked outta him, that likely wasn't something the Platoon sergeant did on his own (I sure never would have, not for that long, without guidance from 'higher'), it could be a good sign.

Were I the lads Platoon Sergeant, I'd revoke his leave, and he'd have the duty for the entire Christmas season. New Years would be dependant on how well he did, but I'd go to the 1stSgt and see if I could get him home for that, at least. (It wouldn't be the first time I'd done that...LOL). More for the Marine's family than for him, though.

That Sergeant sounds top notch for sure. It sounds like your son has found a fine role model.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I'd revoke his leave, and he'd have the duty for the entire Christmas season.
    Scrooge.....and I don't even like Christmas!

LOL. I guess so...but I figure it's better than office hours.

Considering I had to make that choice once as a young'in. I took the 30 days of 'day on/stay on'.

Thread Information