Prior service Army shipping out to bootcamp on Dec 17 - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165
    OK, Price, you got a week. Make sure we get some graduation pixs. It'll be interesting to see if you got more gadgets than some of your DI's.
    I'll be sure to take some pics. Until I ship out I'll be around the forums here asking as many questions as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Just show up and Never Quit.
    Quit?? Whats that?

I got another question. When i was in the Army I was on a demo / breach team. Our main job was to be attached to the infantry units doing all the demo work. We had all the same training that the infantry had but we were the ones that used demo. We did alot of door and obsticle breaching, room clearing, IED destruction, ect... Am I right in saying that 0351's do pretty much the same thing?

Yes, but now they are calling them "03-obsolete". Everyone that I've seen that is a 51 is pretty much in a line company with 11's. And they don't really do too much with their MOS until Mojave Viper and then in country. No clue why though. It's always seemed pretty cool to me. I also know of a few 51's that got their MOS changed to 52. Not sure why exactly, but the powers that be in the Marine Corps arranged it.

If you don't end up company honor man... you are digusting Good luck it will probably be easy as hell for ya.

Sapper,
    Have fun in boot. I know the mind games will be easy for you. I'm also thankful of your service and your choice to continue serving. In most cases, the Marines make the man. In your case, you will be enhancing our Corps. I think our younger brothers will be fortunate serving beside you at the tip of the spear. Pass on what you know, protect your team, and you'll be NCO in no time at all.

Semper Fi, brother warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by sskidn
    If you don't end up company honor man... you are digusting Good luck it will probably be easy as hell for ya.
    Holy sh** I forgot about honor grad. Even if he's just platoon honor man that's great. Imagine him in his blues with all those medals on grad day . So make sure you stay motivated and try to be the guide. If I don't talk to you before you leave maybe I could stop by to see your graduation. I think you'll be 1st battalion so I may have a chance to see one of my old DIs. What is your grad day and what company or battalion did they say you'd be in?

Quote Originally Posted by sapper101
    how do the other recruits usually feel about prior service guys? Also I have 32 logged jumps what would I have to do to turn in my Army jump wings for gold wings (I know I have to become a Marine first but I'm just curious about this).
    Didn't ship out I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    Didn't ship out I guess?
    Nope just found out that I have to wait until about Jan 11. I had PRK eye surgery in the Army and the MEPS doctor (who is a major @$$hole) says that he wants to re-evaluate my eyes after 30 days to check for any adverse effects. Funny thing is I had the surgery two years ago. If there was going to be adverse effects it would have happend already don't think? My recruiter says that all that branches that take thier recruits to that MEPS have a problem with that same doctor.

OK guys Finally did it. After the months of red tape and 3 months of bootcamp I am officially a Marine. I graduated Aug 22nd at Parris Island with Lco, 3rd BN, Plt 3069 as a squad leader. Thanks for the help fellas.

Congratulations Marine! Change your title to Marine . How did you do during bootcamp. Any pics . It would have been funny to see you graduating looking like Chesty. Congrats Marine.

Congrats man, get some pictures up with all those medals.

Sapper good luck to you. We had a 33 year old Army guy in my platoon and he made the mistake of asking the DI's to go and buy his 7 ribbons for him like 2 days before graduation. I dont know if he meant out of his pocket or theirs but he got his share of the devil for the next 2 days. As far as the wings go, last I knew you needed ten jumps, had to be in a jump billet and there was one more req. But I have seen folks like recruiters wearing them so it has probably changed

Congrats, we're still waiting for the pictures!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Congratulations Marine!

Did they notice your tattoos?

Thread Information