Mentor
Create Post

Thread: Mentor

Cool Mentor

So.... after four months of loops, im enlisted, and motivated as hell.
    And happen to hit a run of luck.
    i was sitting at the RSS and doing my homework, when i met a Marine who had just been transferred here.
    Talking to him later, i realised wow, he is one proud man. In talking i later realised he lives....across the street. lol
    After spending the day with him, he told me he is taking me under his wing, he is making it his personal responsibility to have me more than prepared for Boot. When i first met my recruiter i weighed 265lbs... i lost about 35-40 lbs, but am still overweight. Pt'ing with him ( him is Sgt. Humphrey by the way )
    is motivating, and chanllenging at the same time. hes teaching me Corp history and ettiquete while we PT.
    I have to state also, after talking to and spending time with him, My Respect and admiration for him grow immensely. Hes fresh out of the fleet here. Hes been in the Corp for five years. and before that was in the navy for 10.
    I was having doubts that i would meet standards physically and mentally, and being around him and the other recruiters at the rss. i have no more, it is the most motivating thing i have ever experienced.
    And i can only hope, that more poolees can find someone like this, someone to motivate you and look up to.
    because im telling you, it helps, it really does, and i really do hope more get lucky.
    Good Day pool

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Well ain't that nice! FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!

HAHAHAH....shot down. No, I'm just jacking with ya. Good luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by bwboi89
    Talking to him later, i realised wow, he is one proud man. In talking i later realised he lives....across the street. lolAfter spending the day with him, he told me he is taking me under his wing, he is making it his personal responsibility to have me more than prepared for Boot
    Lucky

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You guys sometimes don't realize how lucky you are...............when some of us older ones went through we didn't have anybody to motivate us, teach us anything, run with us and we SURE as hell didn't know what to expect. I know nobody EVER told me how much yelling there would be - I was a skittish child (imagine that if you can).

We certainly are lucky. My recruiter is my and everyone at the recruiting stations mentor as well (including the other recruiters). We are fortunate that most (we have one recruiter who the others don't seem to like, who seems to like to do his own thing) of the recruiters are available to help us become Marines and do what we need to succeed. We owe these guys (and women) a HUGE debt of gratitude.

Mike

I was lucky to have my father as my Marine mentor. He was in during the Vietnam era, and thanks to him I had a bit of knowledge about drill movements and advice on how to prepare myself for the physical portion of training. Any help is better than no help, but I think the best advice was to understand that 80% of the training was mental. If you don't allow yourself to give up, you'll do fine.

Thread Information