1 more month
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 more month

1 more month

i know of at least 2 others on here with the same shipdate as me (20080107) tick......tick....tick... getting nervous,just working on the last 5 pullups i need and getting my run time down,how are you guys holding up?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Im supposed to be shipping out then but, still waiting on a waiver.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thats my Ship date. I'm nervous too but more excited then anything!

Just keep a good attitude, keep PTting your butt off, and things will go great. It ain't easy, but it ain't imposible. Too many guys here have already done it.

I'm serious about the PT. The better shape you are in, the better off you are. Not only for PT test, but easier staying awake in classes and staying healthy.

A little experience here. Was a DI, SDI and Series Gunny in the 70's at PI.

Good luck

Finger

There's nothing to worry about. I know it's easier said than done, but boot camp isn't all that bad. Yes, it sucks while you're going through it, but when you look back (and you will look back on it nearly everyday) you'll mostly laugh. You're scared enough to **** your pants while you're there, but it's really funny when you look back on it. Get yourself in shape and prepare yourself as best as you can before you go. It'll make it a lot easier. PT wont' be as dreadful if you're actually in shape and not running behind everyone else.

I ship the 7th,

been workin on my run time. I have some cadences on my I-Pod and run 2-3 miles 3 or 4 times a week.

starting to get nervous though.

I am Talking to my recruiter Friday and I'm hoping to get this shipdate, depends if there is any room and how long my waiver takes.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Pay attention to these two Marines. One month to go and just in time for the Christmas festivities , all the holiday chow and the New Year cheer. Be discreet in your eating and partying.

Keep your PT up.Stay motivated and don't do anything stupid to keep you from your goal! Be safe! Good luck to all of you!

Also ship out on January 7th. Starting to mentally kick in, but I dont know about you guys I am pumped.

pumped to be sure,but nervous of the unknown..yea i'm taking phantom's and patriotgirl's advice i'm headed to PI hope to see some of you there

I ship January 14th. I'm pumped, I just need to work on my pullups some more.

I also Ship Jan 14. I need to work on my pullups right now as well.

Im leaving the 7th... cant wait

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Any of you poolees that are leaving soon, if you want mail from this old salt, PM me and I will give you my address. When you get your MCRD address send it to me even a post card will do, I will add you to my moto mail, weekly!

Good luck to you all, Failure is not an option!

Dave

Thread Information