Addition to the PFT the CFT - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The CFT is interesting. My group of poolies did this a while back, and I can see how this would make more sense than straight PFT. I start in May, so we'll see how it goes for me.

Quote Originally Posted by giveen View Post
    I rather do this than a PFT.
    You've never done it while it was 15 degrees outside with strong winds huh?

Try doing the ammo can lifts while the guys from training are warning you that your hands MAY stick to the metal cans from the cold and your palms sweating. (and you can't wear a sweatshirt because they have to verify that you are locked out)

At least it's a LITTLE warm when we do our PFTs.

Credits
    Savings
    Did this one today (still on the pass/fail setup) and while it was fun it is completely stupid. We made the best of it and I think it would be a really fun alternative to traditional Company PT but it has no place in annual training for all Marines. It has nothing to do with "combat" and while it represents what commands should be doing, this needs to be addressed through the commanders.

In short, have more faith in the lowest levels of command and inspect what you expect.

ps-BR: the time of year has little to do with which is better... or so it seems to me..

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    ps-BR: the time of year has little to do with which is better... or so it seems to me..
    It may be that way for some, but I'm from Louisiana and I can't do **** worth a damn when it's cold outside. Hell, I wear gloves when it's in the 50s!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    It may be that way for some, but I'm from Louisiana and I can't do **** worth a damn when it's cold outside. Hell, I wear gloves when it's in the 50s!

Ha. no I hear you man-southern Texas boy myself. What I meant was your CFT was on a 15 degree day so it was miserable. for the purposes of comparison, imagine running both in january or july. if the weather was all the same, one is not harder easier better or worse than the other...

That's the thing though, they would never schedule us to run a PFT when it's that cold out. But they scheduled the CFT, knowing in advance what the weather was going to be. I guess the CFT has different cold weather guidelines than the PFT.

But yea, running a PFT in 15 degrees = walking a PFT in 15 degrees, for me.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    That's the thing though, they would never schedule us to run a PFT when it's that cold out. But they scheduled the CFT, knowing in advance what the weather was going to be. I guess the CFT has different cold weather guidelines than the PFT.

But yea, running a PFT in 15 degrees = walking a PFT in 15 degrees, for me.

Must be. I bet once this CFT nonsense gets totally unF-d and the details ironed out that shouldn't happen again. Then the unit will once again have the flexibility to schedule each of the events within a given period. Not to brag but weather today was PERFECT for something like this. A nice little break in the rain just enough to make it do-able.

Smile

we just started doing the CFT in our RSS on saturday and it is alot harder than it looks trust me. and when you do it. its not one event after another. its all of them in a row and it is timed. it is a pass fail test. My RSS gives the CFT along with the PFT on the first saturday of every month

Thread Information