Addition to the PFT the CFT - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    honestly i haven't heard anything more about it in my unit they haven't even mentioned it i know we are doin rifle qual in june...no mention of CFT or training for it or going over it or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422
    With all those events a PFT could take a week! It already takes long enough for them to demonstrate how to do a pull up and a crunch, now they're gonna have to explain how to run around cones, throw balls, and carry people.
    It takes about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to push a rifle-company sized element through the test with a ten lane setup. Total execution time for the evolution is about 10 minutes per Marine. My understanding is that it will NOT be run on the same day as the PFT: the idea would be to alternate PFT and CFT based on quarters or the like.

Poolees who are working up for recruit training should already be doing something like the exercises involved here: the low-weight, high rep style of exercise here is only going to help you out, but don't get wrapped around the axle of doing the CFT exactly.

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Did some of that in NCO school late 80's

We've practiced for the CFT 3 or 4 times. One time we did it in a huge mud field. Good stuff. Can't wait!

So the Marines will still be running the old PFT also?

Quote Originally Posted by YMPfcDeremer
    So the Marines will still be running the old PFT also?
    Yes.

This is good stuff. Do any of the other branches use a 2 tier system for their PFT's?

Arrow Response to Danman

Okay get it straight there devil CMC himself said that he would never run the CFT on the same day as the PFT and wouldn't expect anyone else to. Your parameters may be correct for the course but the time frame as to when tie two test will be run are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gochfl View Post
    Okay get it straight there devil CMC himself said that he would never run the CFT on the same day as the PFT and wouldn't expect anyone else to. Your parameters may be correct for the course but the time frame as to when tie two test will be run are not.

Wow....you realize he posted that over a year ago, when few people knew what the hell was going on with the CFT? Attention to detail there, "devil".....

You got me there. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gochfl View Post
    You got me there. lol
    Welcome aboard, BTW. Hope you stick around. I know the female poolees are always in need of another female Marine's perspective. Semper Fi.

I'm always here to help any way I can. I've been deployed and I'm a single mother so if there is a question I can't answer then I know how to find the answer.

Credits
    Savings
    http://www.mccscp.com/home/Files/pdf...T_No_Print.pdf

So this beast has changed quite a bit along the way, still fine tuning between now and the July rollover to the 300 scoring system. (Pass/Fail now). this little slide show lays it all out in obnoxious detail. Also a really interesting slide displaying the PFT/PRT requirements as they have evolved since 1909. From horseback rides and road marches to officers, to kip/no kip and ladies skating until today. Good read!

This PFT test in nothing more than a revised version of the one I took while attending Boot Camp. A tweak here and a tweak there. This test is much more realistic than the one presently being used, and its about time. Maybe some of the stuff we did back when was pretty good afterall.

I rather do this than a PFT.

Thread Information