Man Kills Suspects While On Phone With 911 - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Send him some more ammo,,,,,,,Hot Damm. [[ Just my opinion]]

another case of a good neighbor helping another only to catch the s#*!#*end of the stick, and to prove once again laws are made to protect the bad guys,,,, where they illegals to ?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Dang Waiting on the Supreme Court!

Self-defense 'Castle' laws gain ground
    By Chris Joyner, USA TODAY
    BYRAM, Miss. — Kathy Adkins moves from target to target, firing with deadly efficiency a .38-caliber revolver and then a 9mm semiautomatic pistol at human-shaped targets.

Adkins, 48, owns a real estate firm in nearby Jackson and has been taking firearms training since March. Instructor Cliff Cargill says she's among the new students he has racked up since the Legislature passed a law last year giving citizens expanded legal rights to protect themselves in their homes, cars or businesses.

The "Castle Doctrine " law removes the requirement that citizens first must seek a safe retreat from an intruder before using deadly force. Similar laws have passed in 19 other states in two years, in large part because of lobbying by the National Rifle Association (NRA).

A recent spate of shootings in Jackson, the capital, has reinvigorated public discussion of the law. In one week in late September and early October, four Jackson homeowners fired shots at four suspected burglars. Two of the suspected intruders were killed and a third was injured.

Only one of the homeowners in those shootings — a convicted felon who is not allowed to own a firearm — faces criminal charges. Jackson police spokesman Cmdr. Lee Vance says virtually every local news account about the shootings mentioned the Castle Doctrine law.

"Whether it was a factor … or not, it's getting a lot of credit," he says.

Loaded questions

That's what critics of the law and anti-gun advocates are afraid of. They say it promotes violence and weakens police powers.

Peter Hamm, spokesman for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, says the measure bucks a long trend in American law toward reduced public violence dating back to the taming of the West.

"Do we want to kill every 16-year-old kid we find stealing a car stereo?" he says.

The NRA says the principle behind the law is more basic.

"We want to make sure that in America the right to self-defense continues to exist and that the American citizen's home remains his castle," says NRA Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre.

Stories behind statistics

While it might be too early to tell if the laws have had an impact on justifiable shootings, FBI statistics show 241 justifiable homicides by private citizens in 2006. That's a 23% increase over the previous year, but that is fewer than the 247 killed in 2003 before the NRA push began. Overall, Department of Justice records show a 13% decrease in justifiable homicides over the past decade.

Mississippi isn't the only state making news over the Castle Doctrine law.

Last week, Joe Horn, 61, of Pasadena, Texas, shot and killed two men that he told a police dispatcher were burglarizing his neighbor's home, according to a transcript of the tape.

Bill Delmore, legal services bureau chief for the Harris County District Attorney's office, says it is too early to speculate.

"One issue is going to be whether the so-called Castle Doctrine law applies to a neighbor's home," he says, adding that the state has other laws governing self-defense and the protection of property that might apply. A grand jury will decide if charges will be filed against Horn.

Also in Texas, the Associated Press reported in September that Dallas musician Carter Albrecht was shot and killed when he tried to kick in the door of his girlfriend's neighbor. The shooting happened just days after the state passed its Castle Doctrine law.

Dallas police Sgt. Larry Lewis says no charges are being pursued against the shooter.

Mike Snider, a Dallas concert promoter who knew Albrecht, says Albrecht had been drinking and arguing with his girlfriend and might have banged on the wrong door. "There is no excuse for blindly shooting a gun in anyone's direction," he says. A number of people convicted of killings in Arizona are attempting to get their cases reheard by claiming the Castle Doctrine law in their state should retroactively apply to them.

Arizona lawmakers passed the law last year, then approved another measure over the summer that applied the Castle Doctrine statute to earlier cases. Gov. Janet Napolitano, however, vetoed the bill on the grounds it would reopen too many cases.

Advocates for retired Arizona schoolteacher Harold Fish were behind the measure. Fish was convicted in 2006 of shooting a hiker Fish claims attacked him on a rural trail two years earlier. Fish was sentenced to at least 10 years in prison. His case is being appealed.

In all, the Brady Campaign has noted at least nine shootings they believe to be inspired by Castle Doctrine laws or prosecutions complicated by them.

In one 2004 Kentucky case, where James Adam Clem beat to death a man to whom he owed drug money, prosecutors offered him a manslaughter plea. Clem claimed he felt threatened by the man after he let him into his apartment.

Prosecutors say they offered the deal fearing the state's Castle Doctrine law would confuse a jury.

George Washington University law professor Robert Cottrol says the Castle Doctrine law is a more incremental change than either side of the gun-control debate wants to admit. Realistically, he says, prosecutors have not been eager to prosecute people who truly act in self-defense.

"There is a fundamental feeling on the part of many that the aggressor should not profit and the person who is defending should not be held in legal jeopardy," he says.

Joyner writes for The Clarion-Ledger in Jackson, Miss.

Angry deadly force

I have a Grandaughter 7 years old also my youngest child is 13 I have a wife ,,if anyone,,, including the child molester that lives a one house over from me which we in our little community cant do nothing about cause the law allows his piece of crap *#^ to live among us enters my yard or house to steal or anything else on there mind will be carried away in a body bag or a hole will be dug and they rolled over in it and covered over,, and life goes on. hoooo rahhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2
    Accord,
    If you can track down this Mr. Horn's mailing address I would send him some stuff. Apparently he's down at least two shotgun shells.
    I wonder if he prefers buckshot or slugs.

; )

God Bless the 2nd Ammendment.
    I'll talk to Doc Horn when we get back from our 96.

hey

How did you get e-3 and only been in since april of this year the corp gives promotions that quick now ????

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbradley
    How did you get e-3 and only been in since april of this year the corp gives promotions that quick now ????
    Meritorious PFC out of boot camp and then picked up LCpl based on TIG/TIS.

just wandering

we didnt get promotions like that in the old corps you had to earn them stripes,,, did`nt come easy in recon 3rd recon 73-78

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
    2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
    3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
    4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
    5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
    6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
    7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
    8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
    9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
    10. The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.
    11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
    12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
    13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
    14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
    15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
    16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
    17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
    18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
    19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.
    20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
    21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
    22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.
    23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more. (and fight to remove the bad laws already on the books)
    24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
    25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
    26. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy to pack.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
    2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
    3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
    4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
    5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
    6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
    7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
    8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
    9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
    10. The United States Constitution (c)1791.
    11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
    13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
    14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
    15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
    16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
    17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
    18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
    19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.
    20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
    21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
    22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.
    23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more. (and fight to remove the bad laws already on the books)
    24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
    25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
    26. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy to pack.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    TO BAD #21 OF THE REDSKINS DIDN'T HAVE MR.HORN AS A NEIGHBOR

Quote Originally Posted by crate78
    I have no problem with it.

A couple of years ago in Omaha, a couple of thugs got the brilliant idea to rob a pawn shop. The pawn shop was also a firearm dealership. The two thugs ran in and one held a gun to the head of one co-owner. The other co-owner simply opened fire with a 9mm auto.

One of the thugs was left confined to a wheelchair to contemplate his choice of professions. The other one was left not contemplating anything.

The co-owners were completely exonerated, but they closed the shop a few months later to clear their heads and take a new start.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

crate
    Being confined to a wheelchair myself, and in constant pain, (not from combat, but from a bicycling accident). I think that is a fitting punishment.
    Ron C

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbradley
    I have a Grandaughter 7 years old also my youngest child is 13 I have a wife ,,if anyone,,, including the child molester that lives a one house over from me which we in our little community cant do nothing about cause the law allows his piece of crap *#^ to live among us enters my yard or house to steal or anything else on there mind will be carried away in a body bag or a hole will be dug and they rolled over in it and covered over,, and life goes on. hoooo rahhhhh
    In Ohio, there's a law going to be passed that every single sexual predator AND offender, living in the state, and owning a vehicle, must get a set of neon green license plates as to be easily identified as a sexual offender!! I think that was the best idea to come out of that Governor's house yet!!! Well, that and the plan to not have Ohio's veteran's pay any state taxes! But that's still in the making!!! Gov. Strickland used to work for the state's prison system!!!! I'd like to shake his hand!!

in oklahoma sexual predators will have their DL's stamped with that info.

taking out the trash

well it seems the fine folks in Texas have come thru again,it seems that the Grand Jury declined to indict this gentleman,both of these thugs were in country illegally and had been part of the catch and release program sponsored by the local relocation agency known as ICE(immigration).Sometime justice is fleeting,but in this case it came thru

Thread Information