Drill Instructor guilty of abusing recruits - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    4 years enlisted + 4 years of college + >2 as an officer = 1stLt.

No offense taken. My extra time went into my enlisted years, hence the mustang reference in my sig.

LMAO! I never even botherd looking at the mustang thing LOL my bad! ( mean for some reason i never noticed your sig line before)

I thought these recruits wanted to become Marines, they must have signed the wrong contract and thought this was the Air Force. Wow, no wonder so there are so many pantywastes wearing our uniform.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    I don't think that the Marines of today are panty waists at all. I have met several of them, some full units and some individually around the nation (particularly the SEUSA).

I have nothing but good things to say about them. I am very proud of them. I think that they will carry on the Marine Corps for many more centuries.

Following orders is one fo the basics of every Marine. We can argue and fight later (as we most likely will).

The Marines I met know that I am 'old corps' but they showed me the 'espirit de corps' necessary to be one of us. There will always be a few bad apples, a few Marines who may do something to get a DI in trouble.

Maybe the DI was abusive. That is a quality that is practically immeasurable as we all have a different tolerance factor. If the case here had 500 DI's in trouble then I would see that as a problem.

The Marine Corps will always be the Marine Corps

Well, I can say firsthand that there was no physical abuse of any kind in our platoon. No one was EVER hit or made to do anything harmful to themselves. The worst we had to do was close the portholes and shake out our blankets for an hour. Or hold out rifles if we weren't paying attention in drill, that kind of thing. Then again, we were the gunny platoon in Kilo Co., so our training style was a little different. We heard plenty about other platoons getting knocked around by their DI's, but it never happened to us.

There was only one incident with our platoon that came near abuse, and it wasn't one of our DI's. Our guide was in the chow hall fetching the guidon, and turned a corner and damn near bumped right into a DI. I'm not sure if this was this DI's first tour, but we'd certainly never seen him before and he was with another company. Our guide was still pretty green about his duties and managed to screw up the greeting of the day out of nervousness, fumbled with the guidon, then made a run for it.

Then the DI spat on him as he left.

That Marine is no longer a DI. Our company first sergeant made it a personal mission to hunt him down and he did.

Let me tell a story. When I was in Boot Camp, the DIs asked us if we what'd "Hard cover" or "Soft cover", the platoon voted for "Hard cover". I, for one, did not what anyone to be able to say "you didn't have it as hard as we did when I went to Boot Camp". This was at the end of Vietnam, things where a little differant back then. So we got what we asked for, if you know what I mean!! I became the "Guide" after first phase drill comp. when we did not win, I never lost the job. Our DIs expedited me to take care of any problems that I could, that meant I have to use "force" if necessary. If the offender payed, we all did not have to pay.

We had this one guy that could not do anything right. I helped him when I could, some times with quiet teaching, some times with "force".

When we got about half way in to third phase, three Pvts and I where called out to go to the Company Commanders office. We where separated and interrogated about a report that the DIs, and myself, happen abused this Pvt. I have no idea what the other Pvts said, but I told the CC that I had not witnessed or had I ever abused any Pvt. After everyone had been interviewed, I was called back into the CC and he told me that the Pvt had told his mother about the abuse and she had told his Dad who in turn had told his Friend "The Congressman" who told the GC of MCRD, and the S*** rolled down hill from there! Then he told me, "If you don't want to spent a very long time in jail, you need to tell me about the two Jr DIs "abusing" this Pvt". He gave me a form and told me to write out a statement "ratting out" the DIs and I could go "free".

So here I sit in a room by myself, wondering what the other PVTs have said and how was I going to get out of this mess!

Then I remembered back when we where at ITS. We had been marching down a dirt road out in the middle of Pendleton some where, when the DI called us to a halt, and told us to take "5". I was sitting at the head of the platoon, when I looked down the road and saw the CC and First Sgt headed in our direction. I looked around for a DI to call us to attention, but they had disappeared. So it fell on me to call the platoon to attention and salute for the platoon. I stood up and call "attention", but I could not get my S*** squared away in time to salute properly with the Guide-on. I was supposed to have the guide on in my left hand, and salute across my chest to it, but with my pack on I could not keep my M16 on my shoulder, someone usually helped me wedge it in between my shelter half and pack, but everone was trying to get squired away them selfs, so I had no help. The result was, I held the Guide-on and my M16 in my left hand and saluted normally. The CC returned my salute and then said " That's not how you are supposed to salute, is it" I said "No sir". He said "Let me help you", and he wedged my M16 in, and said, "Now do it right". I did, he turned my salute and said "Very good, care on" AND PUNCHED ME IN THE SHOULDER!!!

So, back to me sitting in a room alone with a blank piece of paper and my future in the Corp at stake. So I wrote, "I have never seen a DI strike, or have I ever hit a Pvt any harder that the Company Commander hit up at ITS". I gave it to the First Sgt and he told me I could go back to the platoon.

The next day they came and got the "scumbag" and took him away. The next time we saw him he had a big POW on his back. The only thing that was ever said to me about it afterwords was, one of the JRs came up beside me and said "You have the biggest BALLS I have ever seen" and walked away.
    End of story!!

Guess that goes to show that leadership rots from the top down...

So tell me again, for those of you inclined to support this kind of behavior, how is one supposed to enforce discipline, self-control, Core Values stuff... when one doesn't practice it themself?

This is why the Sergeant was punished and removed. He had compromised his integrity by disobeying orders. From your story, Bikercrewchief, that whole chain was corrupt. Integrity is a very fragile thing. It takes consistent daily attention to maintain... and only a moments inattention to lose...

I'm sure this is the rantings of the liberal media. ( You know, the one that's supposed to be unbiased.) You don't hear the other side of the story. Anyway, this kid obviously needed to go into the Air Farce if he didn't want to be trained to be a warrior. There, at least someone can wake him calmly, make his rack for him and never, never abuse him.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    No its not the Liberal Media, just standing Marine Corps Orders.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

The USMC will NEVER be this.......

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    No its not the Liberal Media, just standing Marine Corps Orders.
    I'm not sure it's that simple wing. Consider this current case going down.
    "Absurdity of Officer charged with not reporting non-crime of "Haditha Massacre".

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=58708

Why are so many out to hang our Marine Brothers?

Here is Murtha confronted about Haditha accusations---

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/09/1...a-accusations/

NOW THERE IS A COWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first thing he did was let the questioner know that he served in Vietnam ala jane fonda kerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

murtha is a piece of **** and right up there, or I should say down there, with kerry as being a ****ing TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Murtha...that turd!!

HEY OL SARGE...YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD....THAT FVCKEN MURTHA IS A PIECE OF CHIT!!! AND HE'S A CONGRESSMAN!!! WORTHLESS!!!! I'M GLAD HE'S NOT ON OHIO BUT I FEEL SORRY FOR PENNSYLVANIA'S VETS!

Hang in There, Sgt. Glass

Not that my opinion matters a whit but I want to be on record as saying a more appropriate charge of abuse could be made against the CG of MCRD San Diego for the ******dly command failures which have resulted in these ridiculous and outrageous charges being brought against Sgt. Glass. I guess I should say scurrilous charges. All I know about this is what has been posted on this thread, but that's enough. Sgt. Glass didn't kill or maim anybody and therefore didn't rate being subjected to this arrogant stupidity. And Sgt. Glass didn't have a chance at a fair trial, he was not tried by his peers, neither Officer or Enlisted. I say they all had a cowardly vested interest in their own careers by being under the command of the convening authority at MCRD. The Sgt. could have more properly and considerately been tried at another command and therefore maybe have been cut a little slack, at least by the enlisted court members, if not by the Officer members. Marines, don't hang a DD on Sgt. Glass, nor ANY PART OF 11 YEARS. A $25 fine might be more than adequate (to pay for the broken toiletry, man what a serious infraction of mililtary discipline and good order). And Mr. Commandant, whoever you are, Sir, I suggest you transfer the MCRD CG to the Washington DC area, where nonsense efforts such as these are everyday commonly expected. And find somebody resembling the reputation of LtGen Kenneth J. Houghton to run MCRD, who might know what the Hell HE IS DOING. Civilian Gary Hall and if you don't like this, do something better about it.

Thread Information