Marine in need of Prayer
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Marine in need of Prayer

The following was posted by a Marine Mom on another site, I figured the more praying the better. This was posted November 9th
    Lori is the mom and Lcpl Brenden is her Marine in need of prayer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Just got a chance to get online. My son has been medivaced from Balboa to a local hospital here in S Diego that specializes in cardiac care and transplants. He seems to have some kind of viral infection that has severly damaged his heart. He is now on breathing support and is having a machine pump his heart for him. If he does not improve he will have to have a transplant. This came on so suddenly that we are all still reeling. Doctors suggested to call in any immediate family. Please pray this does not look good. I don't know if I will be able to get online again but I know I can count on my marine family for prayer. Thank you.

VP Mom to LCpl Branden
    MCRD 11/8/06
    1st Anglico Camp Pendleton

VPM LCpl Evan
    MOS 0623
    2nd MAW Cherry Point, NC

May God be with you during this time....My prayers are with you....

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Our Father, touch Brandon and all those that woud heal him. Sharpen their mind and open their heart to save our Son.

He done good and kept your Commandments as best as he could.

INCOMMING, May The Lord Touch This Marine And Bring Him Through...amen

Here is a up date as of 11/10
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you all for your prayers this marine family is a blessing. Joyce and Curtis, you will never know how you touched my family with your kindness....thank you.

So, we learned that Branden will definately need a new heart. So early next week he will have open heart surgery to implant a LVAD (left ventricle assist device). He will then get prepared and go on the transplant list. No telling when a heart will become available. And he cannot come home until he has his new heart, he will have to stay close to the transplant hospital, so we will be doing alot of traveling back and forth. My daughter-in-law is hanging in there pretty good. This is an incredible obstacle for a married couple of 6 months to go through.

Branden's CO's have been here every day visiting and offering any assistance we need, they are amazing. Marine's do take care of their own.

Thank you again, and if I cannot keep you updated here, Joyce will be able to as I will call her with updates. May God bless you all.

VP Mom to LCpl Branden
    MCRD 11/8/06

VPM LCpl Evan
    MOS 0623
    2nd MAW Cherry Point, NC

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Can you give us a mailing address for Branden?

Prayers outbound at this time, approximate eta 1 minute.

Credits
    Savings
    Forwarded to the pastoral staff at my church

Forwarded for prayer requests. This Marine is in our prayers

Here is a update as of noon today.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I continue to stand in awe of Gods power here. I sit here reading your posts just overwhelmed with emotion. Joyce is sitting next to me, her and Curtis have been angels sent from heaven. I am so blessed. God is working here.
    We are all in the waiting area. Branden is in surgery, he is having the LVAD put in and possibly a second pump for the right side. We will know this much later this afternoon. The surgery could take up to 24 hours depending on how he does.

Thank you so soo sooo much for your continued prayer. Joyce is much better at keeping everyone updated. I tend to be a little scatternbrained right now.

VP Mom to LCpl Branden
    MCRD 11/8/06

VPM LCpl Evan
    MOS 0623
    2nd MAW Cherry Point, NC

--------------------------------------------------------------------

and here is a email I recieved this evening from Joyce O

Oh my gosh what a day! We just got home from the hospital. God answered alot of prayers, Branden only had to have one LVAD put in, they thought at noon that there would have to be another because the right side of the heart was not picking up. He got out of surgery and into recovery right before we left. The Doctor came down, said they would probably have to leave him on the venitlator a few days, his liver and kidneys were affected, but hopefully everything will return to normal with the heart pumping as it should. He'll be in intensive care for a few days. And then probably in the hospital for a few weeks.

Thank You all for your prayers.
    I have asked the family for permision to post LCpl Branden's full name and a mailing address but have not got a response, so I will honor Lori's first request and ask for prayers only

Not sure if I can post this, but here is a link to the other web site over 170 responses and 2500 reads. The support of Marines and their family's is amazing.
    http://www.usmcparents.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=64954

God loves his Marines and will take care of them. My prayer is on the way
    RECON

The Power of Prayer is strong. I will keep Lcpl Branden and his family in my prayers.

Cyndy PMM Randy and Jerry

Prayer is on the way from Utah.

Prayer's outbound.

Thread Information