Leaving to P.I. sick?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leaving to P.I. sick?

This has been buggin me for a week. I have this bad cough, where it seems like I have some flem still but everytime i cough and try to spit it out nothing comes out. It looks like Im going to PI with a little cold, would I be sent to medical or anything? Should I tell someone or should I just keep my mouth shut and let my body cure itself?

Might as well, all they'll do at medical is give you motrin and tell you to drink water, and put you on 2-3 days of light duty.

When do you leave?

I leave this Tuesday ( 2007 11 13 ) been taking cough/cold medicine hasnt been doing much. Guess i'll just tough it out, I dont want to be put on light duty just for a cold. I want the full hardcore experience.

Great...bring the bug to boot camp get everyone sick...good idea. Just kidding, i hear everyone gets sick there anyway. Ill be up there on the 26 of this month. Looks like we are both going to be infantry maybe ill see you around.

Well heres my scheldue, Monday I meet my recruiter at noon, from there he'll take me to the hotel. Once I get there I plan on making a few phone calls then sleeping all day. I read somewhere I would most likely have a room mate at the hotel. Who ever that person is better let me sleep lmao. Then Tuesday I go to Ft.Hamilton to get sworn in then off to Parris Island

You have 5 days,

starting poundin vitamin C and B.

You can be feelin great in 2 days

Well I have been taking those multi vitamins. The brand starts with a C cant remember its full name but I'm sure you all know the name or what I'm talking about lol. I think its Centrum lol

Isnt centrum for old people?

**** all of you will be sick as dogs for the first month. We were spreading everything from Upper Respiratory Infections (which is what I ended up getting) to Pneumonia, Pink Eye, to Strep Throat. They fail to tell you this part when they describe the rigors of bootcamp. Everybody tries to suck it up and not go to BAS and then it stays around forever. No matter what you are probably going to get sick.

Just think you are immune to all the little bugs from your homestate. However you are not immune to the strain that may come from Michigan, Maine, Ohio etc. Therefore everyone brings their own "flavor" of sickness. Its going to happen so a little cold isn't going to be that bad as getting a URI and coughing so bad it hurts and coughing up blood. One of the decks had to be quarantined for a short time there was that much sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    may come from Michigan
    you got a problem with Mitchigen???

Ima bring all sorts a colds n coughs down there.
    Must be somethin in the air up here.

That sucks...i can handle PT...but PT while coughing up blood sounds like hell.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    They will give you enough shots to knock the clap and anything else out of you! Go sit in a vapor sauna. Take vitamin C and eat your veggies!

Have you ever heard of someone getting dropped because they were sick? Thats the thing that scares me the most about boot camp...getting sick and not being able to finish.

Yes, kids would hide their little coughs and URI's and would not go to BAS and 2 ended up with Pneumonia and got dropped. One will be graduating next week. You will have to make the decision on whether or not you go to BAS. I went to medical once and spent 1 day on light duty. It was worth it because I caught my **** quick in order not to spend swim qual dying. I knew that would be problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by GIJOE0341
    Have you ever heard of someone getting dropped because they were sick? Thats the thing that scares me the most about boot camp...getting sick and not being able to finish.
    Put it this way, they can't make you go to medical, and if you don't go to medical you won't get dropped.
    But yeah, I got REALLY sick sometime during our first training week. I had rifle watch one of the nights I was sick, and I was doing laundry and I got this awful headache from the bright lights in the laundry room. I had that puking feeling in my stomach and I was breathing all heavy and my face was hot and I was leaning all over the washing machine while I was folding clothes. I felt awful. But, if you just suck it up, you'll be fine.

Thread Information