MARPAT Good Hunting?
Create Post

MARPAT Good Hunting?

Would MARPAT be good hunting camo? Or should I just stick to the old stuff? Doesn't take much to dupe a deer, I guess.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    hahaha.................be vewy, vewy qwiet................sorry, Elmer Fudd came to mind.

Blaze Orange Brutus Blaze Orange! Broken cammo patterns and paint are for stealthy old salts that take a chance of getting popped by Joe Neckbone with a rifle. Every year house plants released into the outback will shoot anything that wears hair, its not usually humans these gunsels are targeting, no, they are shootin at or near something that moved, because they are ignorant and the movement just happened to be you playing ninja.

Doesn't take much to dupe a Deer huh? That was a lame question and a short year of absence, Brutus

Yeah I'm not going away for a year (obviously now). I want to stay here and get advice. I know what you're going to say, and I will talk to a recruiter as soon as possible.

Sure beats the brown wooly sweater with the contrasting white pockets on the back. I would stick with anything that identifies me as HUMAN. NO REALLY! such as the blaze orange.

Too many amateurs chomping at the bit to kill something to go stealthy, IMsemi-HO

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardLawrence
    Sure beats the brown wooly sweater with the contrasting white pockets on the back.
    Sounds like something from the 1914 Filson Lodge Collection! Great for carrying topo map and a poncho Or smoking a pipe and sipping brandy back at camp.

--->Dave

Slinger,
    YES! I think I ordered it from the catalogue, page 93 if memory serves me.

Here is a picture of me wearing it a few years ago on a hunting trip. Picture is a little blurry as it was shot at a distance.....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    leonard, Have you tried an antler hat and a bullseye tee shirt? It should get you some action. And Brutus, Welcome back.little buddy ,but remember, Deer have a keen sense of character.

if you are thinking of wearing MARPAT outside of USMC bases or events, you are wrong. The cammies are only to be worn on base and not during liberty and leave. Don't go hunting with USMC MARPATs on. Buy some other cammies at some surplus store.

Since he isn't in yet, that doesn't really apply. He can buy them and use them if he wants.

I personally make fun of anyone I see wearing digi-cammies unless they have to wear them- so I would recommend getting something else.

Ummmm...yeah.

I'd wear hunter orange SOMEthing, so you don't get blasted by the idiot mistaking you for a critter.

And, my personal opinion ONLY, if you ain't eatin the deer, why are you out hunting the deer?

I kind of lost my 'hunting' mode a long time ago. Unless I'm eating it, I usually don't hunt it (groundhogs and pests....of which deer in some places can certainly qualify) don't count.

If you are just looking to go into the woods and be a great white hunter, do us all a favor and donate the kill to the local shelter. Otherwise, stay at home and watch the TV.

Lastly, I always get a kick out of the 'great white hunters' who camo up and trudge into the woods. I wear what keeps me warm and dry...since deer primarily go off of 'scent' and 'movement', the camo stuff is, in my worthless opinion, just something people use to feel 'manly' or whatever.

Sorry for the rant, but around where I live, the term "Deer Queer" is used for those who feel they 'have' to kill bambi, fully cammied up like a Force Recon Marine in the jungle.

Yeah, this was kind of a dumb thread to start, but hey it beats "The Marines in Halo". I don't hunt, but want to SO BAD. It's not that I want to kill an unsuspecting and innocent animal, it's just I heard deer meat's pretty tasty. Thanks for the WB sparkie. Also, I KNOW I DON'T KNOW JACK ABOUT THE MARINES! I'm not even a poolee yet, so please don't seem so appalled at my lack of knowledge when I say something that isn't correct. I know that there is a huge difference between movies and the real deal, and that no matter how realistic directors try to make their movies they just won't be REAL! I'll know REAL when it comes up and kicks me in the teeth!

Question: I know I'm not supposed to WEAR anything with the EGA on it, but is it okay for a civvie to own a Marine Corps flag if only for some freaking MOTO? Thanks!

Thread Information