Any air wingers out there ? - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Yea we used a "huffer", (sp?) when I was in. I think the "starting pod" was a precursor to the "huffer". You're right when you say it was as loud as the J79.

Quote Originally Posted by gutinstinct
    It sounds like something we had for our F4s. If my memory is correct it was called a 105 or as we used to call it a " hoofer". How many Marines remember that piece of GSE ? It seemed like the hoofer (when cranking up) was louder than the Phantom twin J79 engines. Maybe thats way I lost some of my hearing.

Can't tell you how many times I've been up there taking off those panels and using freaken speed handles, lol.

Yeah, me too. Hated to have to go into the hell hole to remove a stab pack - especially on a hot summer day on the flight line at Beaufort - oh joy!

This was taken shortly after I left P-3, I loved the "sneaky Pete" tail. We were constantly changing the tail.

Landing on the USS DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER (CVN 69), in 1983.

Anyway, I'm posting too many pics I suppose, on the DODmedia website there are more if anyone is interested.

http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/DVIC_Vie...ill_Search.cfm

Good Ole Days

Dang I miss the wing. The smell of the chow hall and the JP in the moring was great.

Gone are the days of SWAP's, #2 Apexes, Easy outs (some people just could not get a screw out), FOD walks, and ATAF's.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdoc
    Anyway, I'm posting too many pics I suppose, on the DODmedia website there are more if anyone is interested.

http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/DVIC_Vie...ill_Search.cfm
    Don't know why the link didn't work, it was just some more RF-4 pics of course,

Let me help with more, hehe.

Did this more than once.

Awsome pictures Jetdoc. I no I have some of 312. I also have some of the SR71 or the HUBU/Black bird. I got those pictures on West Pac 84. I will try to dig them up and post them. As far as any body turning a speed handle. I hated opening door #22, which was located under the bird. How many Hyd mec's remember that door. I also dealt with my fair shares of pulling stab pacs. We didn't have a small enough Marine to get into the hell hole. We had to turn it this way and that way, and hopefully the dam thing would come out. Most of the time it was a pain in the ass. Greate memories Jetdoc, thanks.

Ehh Tony, I have tons of pics of P3 too but those pics I just did a search and posted them. That Dodmedia link has lots of pics too, just type in your sqd and they are there.

Thanks Jetdoc, I will check it out.

A roll of "Flight Line", "Skid Tube pressurizer'

Quote Originally Posted by Tegan
    Mals-39 06-07
    Just Checked Into Hmla-367 Scarface
    I was in HML-367 83-86.

Thread Information